• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

847 twin or triple, they have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess what's ever the best application.....maybe the 3 hole...? I guess one thing that is always a concern on a snowmobile application.....where does it make it's peak HP at? If it's too much over 9,000 rpms then gear reduction becomes an issue for the clutches.

Last edited:

3 cylinder 4 stroke putting out 150 to 160 HP with SRX on it, that's what i'm hoping, setup to carve the trials just like in 98. There's no way Yamaha ,an engine builder, will be putting someone elses 2 stroke in anything with there name on it. i don't need 200 HP and i'm certainly not dropping down to 130 from my Apex. we will soon find out.

My guess, SRX, 998 N/A, using the cross over shock technology from the 2018 Apex with emphasis on better handling like the old SRX.

They would have to boost the HP from stock in N/A form. Doubt a 112 HP version would sell real well.

Please, Please, Please, Yamaha... Give us something that is aimed directly at the Ski Doo 850! The Apex motor in the pro cross chassis would fit that bill very nicely! I would be equally or even more excited for a two stroke with 155 - 170 hp... If Yamaha were to boldly Make that a triple cylinder two stroke.. this guy will do what he has never done before. break out the wallet and spring order and gladly pay MSRP getting raked over the coals just to have one.

They would have to boost the HP from stock in N/A form. Doubt a 112 HP version would sell real well.

The 847 triple makes like 106-110 in its NA form on a bike, turbo should get it to there? Its seems to be a sweetheart motor for Yamaha.

Ok why does everyone think that this new so called SRX will not be faster than the SIDEWINDER? Think about this for a minute it will be lower to the ground with different gearing and clutching, probably a lighter track and a hotter ecu that kinda stuff right there will make it 4 to 5 mph faster. There is no way Yamaha is going to put SRX on the side of this thing and play second fiddle to the SIDEWINDER. I also don't understand all you guys that want a 150 to 160 hp machine VIPER is 130hp and the SIDEWINDER is 190hp is there a real need for something in between. Good or bad the APEX has sailed and so has the 998 4 cyl and I don't think that YAMAHA will ever go back to a 2 stroke. If they use the 3cyl 998 in n.a. form it will take a lot of tweaking to run with the 1049. I personally don't see a need for another machine in the 150 hp spot, everybody complained that they wanted something different from their APEX Yamaha steps up and now everyone wants there APEX back. I know these new machines are not a 100% Yamaha but they are improving each year. I hate to say it but the new doo turbo with 150hp might be something some of you guys would like if the VIPER or SIDEWINDER is not your cup of tee. I guess 130hp is not enough 190hp is to much and 150 is just right. To bad some performance company cant find a way to de tune the SIDEWINDERS ecu and get ya your 150 ponies.

When you can ride a 200hp sled like a 160-170hp sled ( becouse it's that smooth ), why build a 160hp sled? The 998turbo motor is all that. Seeing how much is available from the aftermarket, and how many up'd there hp with a flash equast etc. Maybe Yamaha wants a piece of that. Why wouldn't they?

Maybe some of us don't want a 200 hp belt blower pro cross chassis that was graciously given to Y from AC for there motors. And if Y doesn't fill this gap, that's exactly where the people will go to Skidoo, and Y will continue to ride there BNG into the future.

Maybe some of us don't want a 200 hp belt blower pro cross chassis that was graciously given to Y from AC for there motors. And if Y doesn't fill this gap, that's exactly where the people will go to Skidoo, and Y will continue to ride there BNG into the future.

Well said!

So instead you would rather have a P-drive clutch from BRP that is blowing more belts at 165hp than Yamaha is at a stock 204?
Trust me a little roller issue on the Sidewinder is nowhere the issue they are having with the wobble in their clutch or the overheating. Trust me I owned an 850. What makes anyone believe that the new 900 ace turbo with more torque won't eat belts also? That clutch was built for a high reving 600cc race sled. Not the pull of an 850 or torque of a bigger 4-stroke. I worked with Goodwin performance to get them to make sure my P-drive was dead on before I blew belts like guys in this video

When you can ride a 200hp sled like a 160-170hp sled ( becouse it's that smooth ), why build a 160hp sled? The 998turbo motor is all that. Seeing how much is available from the aftermarket, and how many up'd there hp with a flash equast etc. Maybe Yamaha wants a piece of that. Why wouldn't they?

I agree. The sidewinder is such a smooth tame power delivery. I think people that never rode them have some sort of fear that it is just going to be a handful to ride because its 200 hp with the turbo. The power curve is so linear it is an absolute joy to ride at nearly any trail pace desired.

Back