• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

Well...What can it be...?
KillSwitch1.jpg

It could just be an all blue LE model that they will call the SRX.

Cat calls one of their sleds the Thundercat.

Undisputed!!!! I know I am excited . Maybe I will be dissapointed, however for the moment I chose to be excited! Yeah!

That is definitely an SRX taillight on the sled on the left. The sled on the right is not a 2-stroke based on the screenshot. It also appears to be the Procross chassis.
dfb72c676708216216e929edc2364da1.jpg
aec1c25d37c983c43f6b966b800a0c5f.jpg
02b48c82217b5342bd5d1b95e5bac9f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If yamaha were to drop the ball on a another 2 stroke triple i would be buying a brand spanking new one for the first time in my life!!! That is for sure!

If yamaha were to drop the ball on a another 2 stroke triple i would be buying a brand spanking new one for the first time in my life!!! That is for sure!
The triple triple was the best back in the day!

The not so subtle message is that Yamaha is taking the market targeting of the SRX (legacy everything on the left) and re-imagining it as a 4 stroke, new chassis, (on the right) but still top dog (undisputed) which to me says top HP sled (market target of SRX). Purely from the point of view of having to achieve that goal, then what motor is going in that sled?

Last edited:
Simple, SRX is the acronym for Sidewinder Racing Xtreme edition.

Blue Blue and more Blue, Extra idlers, 4 rear wheels, retro Japan throttle block (which I HOPE is plug and play with older Vipers/Winders). Maybe it’s “officially” 200hp, comes with duponts, special NON-Tuner skis, and a lowered ride height.

If the Sled on the left was a Vmax 4, I might think they shoehorned the Apex engine in a procross but it’s a 3 hole SRX.

Last edited:
Well its not a turbo because there is no heat vent on the right side panel. I'm going to guess its the Viper replacement or perhaps they stuffed the Apex engine into a Procross, which would be hard to imagine.

Looks to be an OLD SRX700 on the left of vid. though. Machine on the right is full ride height ProCross with new Sidewinder panels minus the turbo heat vent.

Whatever it is, it will not eclipse the sidewinder with 204 turbo HP. No way, no how.

Why so hard to imagine the 4 cyl, people have been asking for this motor in a newer chassis for almost 10 yrs now. Although if Y is sticking with the SRX theme it would be more likely they use the 3 cyl, prehaps with a " supercharger " .

If it's up against a srx or sxr for that matter of the tail light.

I'd have to think they spunked up the 998 genesis to a 140hp to 150hp, Yamaha ergos, lightened it up a bit.

But then again it could be just a new bad a$$ 700 triple (the writing on side panel could be used to throw you guys off), fill that gap for the guys that want something lighter then the viper but don't want the hypersled.

Well its not a turbo because there is no heat vent on the right side panel. I'm going to guess its the Viper replacement or perhaps they stuffed the Apex engine into a Procross, which would be hard to imagine.

Looks to be an OLD SRX700 on the left of vid. though. Machine on the right is full ride height ProCross with new Sidewinder panels minus the turbo heat vent.

Whatever it is, it will not eclipse the sidewinder with 204 turbo HP. No way, no how.

That would be insane to eclipse the SW in factory HP for sure.

They do need to fill in some blanks though for the rest of the lineup.

I still would love to see the 150 HP window filled with a ProCross style sled with an engine like the 847 4s but also with a turbo. The beauty of the turbo machines unlike the naturally aspirated 4s models is it opens up the window like we had in the old days with 2 strokes. Back then we ported and piped to get extra power. With the turbo, like the SW, as long as they don't lock the ignitions down we can reflash, add a muffler, some clutching and bingo.......more power.

Back