• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 sidewinder Ltx-se rear suspension top and bottom home difference

ryan54911

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder Ltx-se
2013 Yamaha Vector ltx
2001 sxr 700
Been hearing people move bolt in rear suspension to the top hole. What does that do? Just back bolt out and move up or a ton of work elsewhere? Thanks

Just loosen track and move it up. Then tighten+realign track. I take spring tension off others use a ratchet strap to compress suspension to re align the bolt hole.

Just loosen track and move it up. Then tighten+realign track. I take spring tension off others use a ratchet strap to compress suspension to re align the bolt hole.
Thanks much for the tips! Will be doing this tonight!! Thanks again

Better cooling forsure! Does change handling will need too adjust suspension I found it pushed alot just have to tweak settings.

I run pilot 6.9 and have no push and I'm 285lbs. But yes everyone needs to fine tune these things .

I still run the tuners , they are fine once suspension is dialed in.

Just moved mine tonight. Loosened the track, removed the bolts, raised the suspension, ratchet strap to align holes, run bolts in, tighten track. Will know this weekend if it's better. I added BRP tunnel scratchers also tonight.

Better cooling forsure! Does change handling will need too adjust suspension I found it pushed alot just have to tweak settings.

Noticed the same. Consider adjusting the spring in center shock?

Ok fellas I loosened up front springs and did the rebound setting everyone said to do. Now I moved this bolt up to top hole. I'm leaving in morning to to for the weekend and don't want to be off to bad on set up. Am I gonna be close or gonna push bad? Thing is big group of hard riders and don't want to be out to lunch! Thanks

Yes I adjusted centre shock, took off all preload then tightened 1/8" and started from there. I have since then tightened another 1/8". Aswell had to adjust front shock preload aswell. Definitely can dial it in if you take the time

Yes I adjusted centre shock, took off all preload then tightened 1/8" and started from there. I have since then tightened another 1/8". Aswell had to adjust front shock preload aswell. Definitely can dial it in if you take the time

Did you loosen the front shock preload?

Yes front shock preload, then tightened up to where I found best setup.

Ok fellas I loosened up front springs and did the rebound setting everyone said to do. Now I moved this bolt up to top hole. I'm leaving in morning to to for the weekend and don't want to be off to bad on set up. Am I gonna be close or gonna push bad? Thing is big group of hard riders and don't want to be out to lunch! Thanks

Likely won't know until you try it but I'm sure you will be fine. We will be in Cable this weekend with our wives so even if I'm not setup right, we won't be riding hard.

Back