• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results 2005

Great job Terry. Those 2 runs look real consistant too. Almost 9.8s!!

I got my supercharger installed on Sunday. This is a very high quality setup. I was impressed with every aspect of it including the directions. The only problems I ran into were self inflected.

Racing on Sunday I ran consistant, but slow for where I should be. Lots of work yet on the clutching as there's lots of heat in the primary and secondary. I started off down on boost with a slight air leak (my own fault) and also had fuel issues all day (running real rich) which left me down quite a bit on power. Got the shake down runs in though and everything is working great now. Gotta lean it out some and then tackle the clutches.

It consistantly ran 1.45-1.46 60 times and in the 10.3s for the 1/4 at 123mph. I should be able to drop the 1/8th mile time about half a second yet.

I did make it to the finals in the trophy class and lost. About a day late on the tree, and only .02 off on the dial. :drink:

Don - Oops, forgot to add a Wahl Brothers asphalt skid. (I will change my post)

Thanks guys, I owe it to everybody helping out.

blower install pics....

Attachments

• blower 004.jpg
    blower 004.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 108
  • blower 003.jpg
    blower 003.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 109
  • blower 002.jpg
    blower 002.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 110
  • blower 001.jpg
    blower 001.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 116
That's what I ran first day out. Shake down runs and getting everything squared away. Lots of heat in the clutches so I'll be working on that tomorrow. Fuel issue too, but that was my fault. The kit installed very well. The instructions are top notch and easy to follow. Running 10lbs boost.

Cory, what the heck is up with that first photo. I think to only tool not in that photo is a crow bar... I bet you hid it from view. Did you need to get your local pipefitter's union card before starting that job, look at all the plumbing in there. I can't wait to see it run. If you can get a sound clip and post it. Looks good and hope to see you guys on hte track soon. If I can only stop traveling for work. Doug

Another day at ESTA. Made some more gains. Weather was nice, sunny and in the 80s.

run 1
60' -- 1.43
1/8 -- 6.36 @ 106.37
1/4 -- 10.19 @ 125.77
made some clutching changes

run 2
60' -- 1.40
1/8 -- 6.34 @ 106.90
1.4 -- 10.17 @ 125.64
made some clutching changes

round 1....dial 10.15
60' -- 1.42
1/8 -- 6.32 @ 106.61
1/4 -- 10.15 @ 125.64
ran right on the dial.....but tuned on the red light. :o| :o| #$%&*

Times are slowly coming down. More work to do this week.

9/19/05

Everyone - had a real s%^&*/crappy weekend, as I sat in a hospital Sat, and all of Sunday. My 3 year old had a Febril seizure with a high fever and quit breathing. We called 911 at 4pm on Saturday, just when I was getting loaded to go to the track for Sunday, and my wife came out screaming. Called 911, and the ambulance took her and my son to the hospital, where he had 2 or more of them. 1 was a convulsion so they took a cat scan, x-rays, blood tests, checked for ear infections, checked his throat, nose and sinus passages. Checked for Influenza, strep throat, and stomach bacteria. They had monitor patches on him everywhere, and tried getting a urin sample. They tried to get him to pee, but ended up putting a cath in him. The doctor said the bladder was dry, so they pulled it back out. They made the decision to do a spinal tap, and on the 1st one, they hit a nerve, and tried again. The doctor got the sample, and it looked good. After all this, they know the high fever is what is causing the seizures, but can't figure out what is causing the high fever. My wife and son are still up at Aurora hospital, and hope to come home soon.

Thanks guys, I know I can't say that enough.

Hoping for the best, as any parent would. Haven't been in the garage in a week, and feel so out of it. Can't believe how things, and priorities change when stuff like this happens.

Back