• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Driveshaft Saver....Bearing Lock

I had my wedge installed with the flats out & it took 35 ft. lbs to snug up the bearing. My disc still had plenty of play, but I decided to try it with the wedge all of the way in anyway. Now it needs only 25 ft. lbs to do the trick. Nice! I'm leaving it all in!!

I had my wedge installed with the flats out & it took 35 ft. lbs to snug up the bearing. My disc still had plenty of play, but I decided to try it with the wedge all of the way in anyway. Now it needs only 25 ft. lbs to do the trick. Nice! I'm leaving it all in!!
New shaft? Old? New bearing?

Can the wedgie be installed with the axle in the sled ?
if it can then I would have the dealer install new bearings and old axle , and leave the cover off the chaincase , so I can add the wdgie , close the chaincase and fill the oil .

I could really use some help:

I ordered a new NACHI bearing. With the new bearing, and my worn shaft....the difference will be .55mm.

With the BoP expander and green bearing compound.....will I be ok?

I have a warranty....but with shafts back ordered, I’m afraid I’ll be waiting into Jan.

Opinions, thoughts?

Q. Arrius

There is no way that the wedge and retaining compound will take up that difference! I know I have about the same wear. See my pic in this thread. My sled is under warranty also but I’m doing the work myself. I ordered an axle assembly from Cycle Parts Nation and tracing says I Wil receive tomorrow. 5 days since I ordered. There are shafts around!

No way with .55mm. Gonna need either or both new shaft and/or new bearing.

I could really use some help:

I ordered a new NACHI bearing. With the new bearing, and my worn shaft....the difference will be .55mm.

With the BoP expander and green bearing compound.....will I be ok?

I have a warranty....but with shafts back ordered, I’m afraid I’ll be waiting into Jan.

Opinions, thoughts?

Q. Arrius
Shafts are available and you're going to need one with that much wear on yours. My dealer had mine in less than a week under warranty.
I'm replacing the shaft myself at home and was glad to hear I didn't have to haul my dismantled sled to the dealer.

Shafts are available and you're going to need one with that much wear on yours. My dealer had mine in less than a week under warranty.
I'm replacing the shaft myself at home and was glad to hear I didn't have to haul my dismantled sled to the dealer.
That was my issue also!

Why can't we put two drive shaft wedgey things in our driveshaft for both bearings? Has anyone tried it yet?

The other end in the chaincase is "blocked" but I'm not too sure if that's just a plug that can easily be removed or not.

I bet it can be easily done as long as the inside diameter is the same.

Back