• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Driveshaft Saver....Bearing Lock

Do whatever gets you riding quickly. Season is half over around here at least.
Our season won't start. Disgusting. Had great snow and would have been nice riding from Thanksgiving to near Christmas, but trails were closed for hunting season!!! I groomed trails and did maintenance, and they would have been awesome. Then nothing, to this day, to speak of. So my driveshaft looks great due to a severe lack of rotations.

It has been brought to my attention that 2021 models have a new shaft. I have an inquiry into a dealer that has some 2021's to measure the ID for me.

There has also been a recent case of a new replacement shaft with smaller ID in which my device would not fit. I suspect it is just a fluke, but I've had a few turned down to a smaller OD. If anyone has any issue with a new shaft please let me know. I will swap one out for you if you have no means of turning one down yourself.

Got my order yesterday from BOP...wow and I mean wow, the thickness and precision of the parts is just amazing...its a great example of how American products used to be made. The shields are thick, the belt adjuster is solid solid solid. All parts came with the hardware to attach and are great QUALITY!! The ride lights came with good looking cords and nice splitter for the light and heated visor. The oil gasket is also high quality from what I can tell and believe me a great investment. All parts were wrapped in high quality plastic bubble wrap. Yes, this is a top quality designer and vendor...thank you Travis, you exceeded expectations. Joe

It has been brought to my attention that 2021 models have a new shaft. I have an inquiry into a dealer that has some 2021's to measure the ID for me.

There has also been a recent case of a new replacement shaft with smaller ID in which my device would not fit. I suspect it is just a fluke, but I've had a few turned down to a smaller OD. If anyone has any issue with a new shaft please let me know. I will swap one out for you if you have no means of turning one down yourself.

I tried the McWedgy tool on a new shaft & it didn't fit.
I measured & took a picture of the results compared to the old shaft.
I'm looking for it now

Got my order yesterday from BOP...wow and I mean wow, the thickness and precision of the parts is just amazing...its a great example of how American products used to be made. The shields are thick, the belt adjuster is solid solid solid. All parts came with the hardware to attach and are great QUALITY!! The ride lights came with good looking cords and nice splitter for the light and heated visor. The oil gasket is also high quality from what I can tell and believe me a great investment. All parts were wrapped in high quality plastic bubble wrap. Yes, this is a top quality designer and vendor...thank you Travis, you exceeded expectations. Joe
Boy you ain’t sucking his thumb to much ,your in love!

Hmmm .... now we applaud aggressive criticism and Mock legitimate complimentary speech. No criticism intended just observing what now comes natural to myself and others. My experience with BOP has been good as well.

Hmmm .... now we applaud aggressive criticism and Mock legitimate complimentary speech. No criticism intended just observing what now comes natural to myself and others. My experience with BOP has been good as well.
thanks Yamadoo, I like to encourage people who do excellent work and represent themselves through that work...it should be encouraged. I love this site, for me its escape to something that I really like being part...the snowmobiling community...I like reading peoples constructive comments and its a real education...I do not have the tools and the mechanical knowhow but I truly admire those who do. I'm retired after 40 years, U.S. Merchant Marine guy who was a Chief Steward / Chef...not much wrenching in that job so I mostly have the work done for me but I really like the sport...the alternative is what...going to Florida in the winter or staying inside...nope not me...love my Yamaha Sidewinder 2 up, wife and I go every time we get a chance. Already got the hotel booked for Snodeo in Rangeley...the trails get ripped up but so much fun and community spirit..Rangely Lakes Snowmobile Club has really got it down.

Your posts are appreciated, always look forward to them. Have a great day, wow it is absolutely beautiful here in Mn.

Who's out there with miles on ther axle savers. We have invested in putting these in all the sleds. Not many miles on them yet.

Any real world reviews to see if this mcwedgy thing is actually working?

So far so good. I only have 700 miles on mine. My buddy has 1800 on his and also is holding tight. These were installed on new shafts that were also dimpled and loctite.

Back