• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Black/Orange. replacement recall

this would be abnormal for any company to do. I would be surprised if they did. Considering they will replace for free no questions asked knowing that most of them are perfectly fine should be more than enough. The spring weighs next to nothing so sending it back to them should not cost much.
I agree but when I ordered mine the shipping I was charged was almost as much as the spring!

Hi Guys, getting lots of email. Appreciate the positive responses we read here. Not all correspondence is quite as positive sounding, because they are afraid it will cost them to get the replacement. I think just because people are used to getting ripped and we understand. We will try to do the best we can to make it fair and not cost you confidence in us.

A couple Frequent asked questions we are getting:

1) " Should I be worried and think all your other springs going to break?"
Answer: no. and it is probably only a small percentage of this one, but we are recalling all for replacement.

2) " So I have to spend money to send it back? "
Answer: we will try to make it the best for each customers situation. This is a free replacement recall...it is intended for us to do a free replacement of the spring to you, and when the new ones are ready to ship, we will send you the spring with no freight charges, and refund the cost of regular mail for the return of that old one to us ( or credit towards more product that you may want or need at the time of the new spring being shipped to you).
- if you do not want to wait for the replacement spring send your old one back and let us know what you want to do and we will try to make sure we make it fair for you. We will refund the cost of the spring and the cost of you sending it back to us by regular mail.

Last edited:
I assume this affects my spring which I bought through TD and I should send it directly back to Dalton? I’m just gonna carry my stock spring with me for my last trip and send it back in April.

Hi Guys, getting lots of email. Appreciate the positive responses we read here. Not all correspondence is quite as positive sounding, because they are afraid it will cost them to get the replacement. I think just because people are used to getting ripped and we understand. We will try to do the best we can to make it fair and not cost you confidence in us.

Answer: no. and it is probably only a small percentage of this one, but we are recalling all for replacement.

Answer: we will try to make it the best for each customers situation. This is a free replacement recall...it is intended for us to do a free replacement of the spring to you, and when the new ones are ready to ship, we will send you the spring with no freight charges, and refund the cost of regular mail for the return of that old one to us ( or credit towards more product that you may want or need at the time of the new spring being shipped to you).
- if you do not want to wait for the replacement spring send your old one back and let us know what you want to do and we will try to make sure we make it fair for you. We will refund the cost of the spring and the cost of you sending it back to us by regular mail.

Ok great, I think that answers a lot of questions we may have.

this would be abnormal for any company to do. I would be surprised if they did. Considering they will replace for free no questions asked knowing that most of them are perfectly fine should be more than enough. The spring weighs next to nothing so sending it back to them should not cost much.

Yeah, your right replacing the spring is a great gesture and Dale is a great guy and sells great products. I should know, I have 4 sets of his weights, a multitude of springs, helixes etc.

Here's why I ask: Shipping the old spring back from the US is probably $20, plus the time to package it, drive two towns over to the nearest Fedex, wait in line, fill in the 10 forms required for Customs, buy a box and packaging material, pay the woman, then drive back home. I don't have time like this to waste.

What if a loyal long time customer emailed a scanned receipt as proof of purchase???

Haven’t put enough miles on to give it a fair assessment. Got out around home 1 time in terrible conditions so hard to say if it’s better, worse, or the same.
Yea bad year again for riding unless your in the lake effect belt.

Do you want the spring back for any other reason than to take it out of circulation? Years ago (when I was in a position to approve warranty claims for Yamaha), sometimes the most efficient way to handle a warranty claim was to have the dealer destroy the part then send me photos to confirm. There wasn't a lot of sense in paying to ship a part back, just for us to throw it in the garbage.

Would something like this work for your situation?

Just some quick tips to help those shipping springs back.

USPS is quite simple and cheaper when shipping small items to Canada.

Typically it cost me around $9 to ship my soft start springs. I realize I get commercial rate, but shouldn't be much more for consumer rate.

Get a free priority mail padded flat rate envelope at post office, turn it inside out and then tape it shut.

You can send it here when you are done. Thats fine
Hi Dale,i am running your blue/blk primary spring now,i did try the org/blk it was in when I blew my first belt,but I am in no way blaming it on your spring,the secondary spring than and now is still in great shape,my question to you now is,i am not getting things straightened out as far as clutching goes,and want a set of your ramps,i ran them in my 13 cat turbo with great results,so which set do I get? My tune is close to 270 hp and next year I may get the Max 17 TD so you suggest which one I need,and by the way I would like to order them tomorrow,and need them by next wendsday in maine. I also want your 41/35 helix. Thanks Dale

Hi Dale,i am running your blue/blk primary spring now,i did try the org/blk it was in when I blew my first belt,but I am in no way blaming it on your spring,the secondary spring than and now is still in great shape,my question to you now is,i am not getting things straightened out as far as clutching goes,and want a set of your ramps,i ran them in my 13 cat turbo with great results,so which set do I get? My tune is close to 270 hp and next year I may get the Max 17 TD so you suggest which one I need,and by the way I would like to order them tomorrow,and need them by next wendsday in maine. I also want your 41/35 helix. Thanks Dale
Ben reccomends DTAY-1s for that setup. I'm running them on the MAX 16 stock muffler tune and that is the lower limit. I'm pulling 9k with them empty.

Ben reccomends DTAY-1s for that setup. I'm running them on the MAX 16 stock muffler tune and that is the lower limit. I'm pulling 9k with them empty.
OK,how is that set up working out on max 16? I went on daltons site,and it looked like for a boosted SW his DTYA-1 is 73.6 -81 grms,that is not the weight I should get?

I
OK,how is that set up working out on max 16? I went on daltons site,and it looked like for a boosted SW his DTYA-1 is 73.6 -81 grms,that is not the weight I should get?
I'm running the stock muffler so I'm not pushing the HP you are. Like I said Ben reccomends the DTYA-1s for your setup.

From one of his Facebook posts.

TD ecu reflash hardware recommended chart for yamaha sidewinder. We do not go into detail on the clutch required. However this is a quick guide to see what hardware you need to run a certain TD map.

TD Ecotrail stock exhaust 235HP+
mods required : Dalton QAY70

TD Powertrail Stock exhaust 250HP

TD Ecotrail mod stock exhaust 245HP

TD Powertrail mod stock exhaust 260HP
mods required : Dalton QAY70 or Dtay-1

TD Ecotrail super quiet, Turboforce or other high flow muffler 250HP+
mods required : Dalton QAY-70

TD Powertrail super quiet, Turboforce or other high flow muffler 265-270HP
mods required : Dalton DTAY-1

TD Powertrail with Cold air intake and TD super quiet, Turboforce or any other high flow muffler 270HP+

TD Max 17 with Cold air intake and TD super quiet, Turboforce or any other high flow muffler 285HP+
mods required : Dalton DTAY-1 or DTAY-2

TD Max spool 17 with Cold air intake and TD super quiet, Turboforce or other high flow muffler 290HP
mods required : Dalton DTAY-1 or DTAY-2 and TD 3 or 4 bar map sensor. TD flasher required.

TD Max spool 20 with Cold air intake and TD super quiet, Turboforce or other high flow muffler 305HP+
mods required : Dalton DTAY-1 or DTAY-2 and TD 3 bar or 4 bar map sensor. TD flasher required and TD fuel pump upgrade highly recommended.

TD Race map 23-30 psi (same map as my pro mod) with Cold air intake and TD Turboforce or other high flow muffler 330HP+
mods required : DTAY-3 or STM 60y or aftermarket clutches and TD 3 bar or 4 bar map sensor TD fuel pump upgrade required, TD adjustable Fuel regulator recommended. TD flasher mandatory. We highly recommend the Wideband o2 module.

Also here's our racing bundle with many options.
http://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce....r-sidewinder-thundercat-and-zr9000-2017-2018/

I

I'm running the stock muffler so I'm not pushing the HP you are. Like I said Ben reccomends the DTYA-1s for your setup.

From one of his Facebook posts.

TD ecu reflash hardware recommended chart for yamaha sidewinder. We do not go into detail on the clutch required. However this is a quick guide to see what hardware you need to run a certain TD map.

TD Ecotrail stock exhaust 235HP+

TD Powertrail Stock exhaust 250HP

TD Ecotrail mod stock exhaust 245HP

TD Powertrail mod stock exhaust 260HP
mods required : Dalton QAY70 or Dtay-1

TD Ecotrail super quiet, Turboforce or other high flow muffler 250HP+
mods required : Dalton QAY-70

TD Powertrail super quiet, Turboforce or other high flow muffler 265-270HP

TD Powertrail with Cold air intake and TD super quiet, Turboforce or any other high flow muffler 270HP+

TD Max 17 with Cold air intake and TD super quiet, Turboforce or any other high flow muffler 285HP+
mods required : Dalton DTAY-1 or DTAY-2

TD Max spool 17 with Cold air intake and TD super quiet, Turboforce or other high flow muffler 290HP
mods required : Dalton DTAY-1 or DTAY-2 and TD 3 or 4 bar map sensor. TD flasher required.

TD Max spool 20 with Cold air intake and TD super quiet, Turboforce or other high flow muffler 305HP+
mods required : Dalton DTAY-1 or DTAY-2 and TD 3 bar or 4 bar map sensor. TD flasher required and TD fuel pump upgrade highly recommended.

TD Race map 23-30 psi (same map as my pro mod) with Cold air intake and TD Turboforce or other high flow muffler 330HP+
mods required : DTAY-3 or STM 60y or aftermarket clutches and TD 3 bar or 4 bar map sensor TD fuel pump upgrade required, TD adjustable Fuel regulator recommended. TD flasher mandatory. We highly recommend the Wideband o2 module.

Also here's our racing bundle with many options.
http://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce....r-sidewinder-thundercat-and-zr9000-2017-2018/
Awsome info brother,Thanks Pete

Yeah, your right replacing the spring is a great gesture and Dale is a great guy and sells great products. I should know, I have 4 sets of his weights, a multitude of springs, helixes etc.

Here's why I ask: Shipping the old spring back from the US is probably $20, plus the time to package it, drive two towns over to the nearest Fedex, wait in line, fill in the 10 forms required for Customs, buy a box and packaging material, pay the woman, then drive back home. I don't have time like this to waste.

What if a loyal long time customer emailed a scanned receipt as proof of purchase???

Hi Fleecer. Wow, no you would not need to do any of that.
We were referring to regular mail ( where you would not have to get into any of that), however just email us. this, as mentioned is not supposed to be hard for you. There are other options.

Back