• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally have my Sidewinder

Well there you have it folks!
Danno is jumping ship!
Dan I’m not sure what you do for work, but I think you should consider running for political office!
Seriously tho I wish you the best with your decision and whatever makes you happy.
Cheers, CM
100% full disclosure....

If Vic had not brought up this subject, I would never have admitted anything.....lol

Only a few people thru PM's I had told.

Im not a huge fan of drinking the DOO cool-aid like MANY DT guys, I tend to like the Modding gang over here much more. Certainly are some great guys over there too, but in the end the 2s 850 is not an engine I will be touching. It needs to be full under warranty at all times!

That being said, Ive been a long time doo owner and equally owned YAM sleds for just as many yrs. Both have their good and bad points. Obviously one brand is making big power while other is more about being #1 selling and simply does not care about big power anymore which is sad, cause the old mach z days were fun.

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the update. The Cat 8000RR should be a great sled next season. I hope you will share a comparison with us at some point next season. At least share your experience with the revised front end once you have some seat time.

I've always enjoyed your write ups. They are second to none. I hope we will see you back in the future.

Dan,

Thanks for the update. The Cat 8000RR should be a great sled next season. I hope you will share a comparison with us at some point next season. At least share your experience with the revised front end once you have some seat time.

I've always enjoyed your write ups. They are second to none. I hope we will see you back in the future.

X2

Dan if you get a 8000 cat my buddy has one ,it's an 2018 .It only goes 97 mph ,first bit during break in he said it went less than 50 mph and he's a die hard cat guy .

Dan if you get a 8000 cat my buddy has one ,it's an 2018 .It only goes 97 mph ,first bit during break in he said it went less than 50 mph and he's a die hard cat guy .

Dan bought an 850 XRS. His friend bought an 8000rr.

Reactions: krm
100% full disclosure....

If Vic had not brought up this subject, I would never have admitted anything.....lol

Im not a huge fan of drinking the DOO cool-aid like MANY DT guys, I tend to like the Modding gang over here much more. Certainly are some great guys over there too, but in the end the 2s 850 is not an engine I will be touching. It needs to be full under warranty at all times!

That being said, Ive been a long time doo owner and equally owned YAM sleds for just as many yrs. Both have their good and bad points. Obviously one brand is making big power while other is more about being #1 selling and simply does not care about big power anymore which is sad, cause the old mach z days were fun.

Dan

I am the only rider in my group that doesn't ride an 850 Doo but I like to be different so I rode my Apex and now My Winder X-TX LE.
The 850 Doos are great sleds that would be even better if they weren't so hard on belts.
I am sure Dan will have the belt issues sorted out quickly and all the Doo Talk 850 owners will benefit. Dyno Tech has shown there is a lot more power available in the 850 engine as well.
Good luck with your new sled, its always fun to try something new...but I bet you will miss your Winder.;)!

I am the only rider in my group that doesn't ride an 850 Doo but I like to be different so I rode my Apex and now My Winder X-TX LE.
The 850 Doos are great sleds that would be even better if they weren't so hard on belts.
I am sure Dan will have the belt issues sorted out quickly and all the Doo Talk 850 owners will benefit. Dyno Tech has shown there is a lot more power available in the 850 engine as well.
Good luck with your new sled, its always fun to try something new...but I bet you will miss your Winder.;)!
I think the 850s will come with the 571 belt this year ,not the 531 .The xs821 works well ,also ,Hope he gears up as they're under geared .

Back when the 850 first came out Doo boasted about 4 stroke reliability and it will use 40% less oil than the previous 800. They were wrong on both counts. First they still blow up. Just go on DooTalk and read about it. Guys blow them up all the time. This year they are blowing cranks. Add the fact they are hard on belts and probably use 40% more oil than the 800'they replace.

Doo guys had a field day when the 840 Polaris was blowing up this year but I don't think the 850 Doo is much more reliable. I hate to say this but the most reliable 2 stroke on the market are probably the c tech Cat engines.

Back when the 850 first came out Doo boasted about 4 stroke reliability and it will use 40% less oil than the previous 800. They were wrong on both counts. First they still blow up. Just go on DooTalk and read about it. Guys blow them up all the time. This year they are blowing cranks. Add the fact they are hard on belts and probably use 40% more oil than the 800'they replace.

Doo guys had a field day when the 840 Polaris was blowing up this year but I don't think the 850 Doo is much more reliable. I hate to say this but the most reliable 2 stroke on the market are probably the c tech Cat engines.
Quality in this day and age of disposable everything, is hard to find. The manufacturers want limited lifetimes on their products so your buying every few years.

Last edited:
100% full disclosure....

Dan

Well if Rocker Dan is going Doo, then so am I. In 2021 tho. HA. In this day and age, we do ourselves a disservice sometimes to be brand loyal. It holds these manufacturers accountable, and hopefully makes them listen to their customers as to what they want, or they will move on. (not saying this is the case) Dan had his reasons for moving on. It took precedence over buying another Yamaha because of his "loyalty", which I feel is admirable. There is a reason I bought a Klim suit, and not a suit that says Yamaha. Dan wants a 129, I want a 2 stroke (not a Arctic Cat either). But until then :yam: .

I know most on here hate the word Cat BUT have to agree fully with the c techs being the most reliable on the market. Maybe I’m bias and always have a little Cat in my heart but hearing really great things about these 2 smokes from cat.

I have a buddy who has a mixed stable (all brands) of all two smokes all the time and he rides whichever brand suits his fancy that day. He's just brutal on his sleds and just tortures them to no end. Never fixes (or maintains) anything; when it breaks, just trades it in or sells it and gets another new one. He told me a few weeks ago that his Cats are the first 2 smokes he has ever owned and ridden on his favorite 70 mile forestry road up in Manitoba that have lived at WOT the entire 70 miles (I guess that's when he runs out of gas). Everything else in his stable goes down. I know it isn't typical to do this but it makes a point about his ZR Cats. I don't know if it was his 6000 or 8000. They must be pretty durable if they will live up to something like that.

Recently purchased 2018 RTX 50th Anniversary Edition. This is going to be the longest offseason ever. The sled is loaded with everything you could want.all know issues have been addressed.Thank you RockerDan. You are great to deal with. I hope to see you on the trails next year .God bless you brother
Guys read the first post. This is not about a SkiDoo. Your hijacking someone's happy moment and on a Yamaha Forum. If you want to talk Doo go do it in Head to Head or on Dootalk.

Back