• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting rid of the roll over valve

Put on end of hose when you eliminate ROV, place behind the right foot guard. Loop hose and then down to guard.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 213

Does 2018 models have the same problem with that the valve don't open? The reason I'm asking is since the part number is updated for 2018.

Must kind of suck if you roll it.
I don't think you have to worry looks like you have a trailer queen, and just ride smooth trails, you should be OK just keep rag in back pocket ,if you get some snow on the hood you can easily wipe off with the rag. Or you can keep rag in saddle bag, but harder to get to quick. It is a Apex right?

I don't think you have to worry looks like you have a trailer queen, and just ride smooth trails, you should be OK just keep rag in back pocket ,if you get some snow on the hood you can easily wipe off with the rag. Or you can keep rag in saddle bag, but harder to get to quick. It is a Apex right?
Why should my 2017 Arctic Cat XF 9000 High Country Limited which is the same as a Sidewinder B-TX with other clutches be a trailer queen that only is used on smooth trails? Has never had an Apex.

He had a valid question. They changed the part # supposedly. Why you have to make the effort to be a dick?

Crossfire12 and I am using our sleds in different ways, he is the one with a ZR 9000 made for (smooth) trails and they tend to stay upright. My XF 9000 is a crossover that tends to get stuck in the between the trees in hills when backcountry riding. When that happens the easiest way to get it unstuck is often to roll it 360 degrees to the side and then it can spend a lot of time upside down. So I understand if for his riding an open PCV with a filter is perfectly ok, but I would not risk that for my riding.

Last winter I rerouted the oil tank vent hose on my nytro from the airbox to a cup in the belly pan, which caught the discharge from the vent hose. In a day or riding, there would be 30ml of coffee coloured, watery, oil in the bottom. That filter likely would hold that in and let it freeze. I agree with the previous comment that it would not be a great idea.

Put the hose in an area that is warm, and let it drain the moisture on its own. It has to breath.
MS

This is what I’ve done to get rid of the problematic valve. Just a hardware store 5/8" ID hose wrapped with foil heat tape, looped it up and over down to under the running board. Let bottom hang and inch or two below the board. You can see how much blowby you have also.

I plugged the line where the stock hose went into the turbo intake with a rubber 3/8" ID cap stretched over the intake turbo tube nipple and clamped.

Now the intake is not getting that blow-by exhaust and no worry of the supposed factory "roll over" valve sticking shut and blowing out the oil tank seal again.

It worked fine on my turbo 1200 Doos for years this exact same way.

I was going to install a 1200 roll over valve but haven’t yet as the space to do so is pretty limited. It’s been over 20 years since I’ve rolled any machine and am not to worried about it not having a valve, for now anyway.

Not telling anyone to get rid of it, but I’m not going to have my oil tank seal blown out on a trip. I’ve already sealed it once as it was leaking.

View attachment 135444

View attachment 135445

This is a real roll over valve from a 1200 Rotax I had planed to use, but space is tight and I may or may not put it in down the road. I'm not to worried about rolling over anyway. The old Suzuki 1100 turbo never had a roll over valve either...

View attachment 135446

If this is just for a breather tube why not use much smaller tubing?

If this is just for a breather tube why not use much smaller tubing?
Smaller diameter might freeze easier? I kept my rov but teed off before it, down to the footrest, put a bolt in the end, and slit the hose like my Apex has in the airbox. Works great. About half goes the normal route and the other half out my new hose, so any buildup in pressure, it'll follow the least resistance and open up the slit. The only way oil would leak would be if it was perched at a strange angle...highly unlikely. Fluids don't flow uphill.

this would not be advisable...moisture will build up on this filter and freeze and create a restriction...
SJ what’s the difference, we put filters, little KN s on 1100s breather coming from oil tank never froze,and you could have rolled over with it, oil would still leak out, very slowly mine and others didn’t have a problem because motor and exhaust made heat in the cold. Cold air kits came with the filters.

Well, I’m the latest victim of the ROV. Drove 8 hours round trip to put 27 miles on my brand new SRX and have it puke engine oil over everything. I can idle my sled and watch the engine oil leak out of the oil tank. Unbelievable.

Well, I’m the latest victim of the ROV. Drove 8 hours round trip to put 27 miles on my brand new SRX and have it puke engine oil over everything. I can idle my sled and watch the engine oil leak out of the oil tank. Unbelievable.
I can not believe this issue hasnt been addressed from the factory. Take it to your dealer and tell them you want it resealed with permatex or yamabond. Total BS is you ask me.

Seems odd that the ROV would freeze in 27 miles. I wonder if the sled had a poor tank seal job at the factory?

Back