• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

I'm not going to start a pissing contest. I also don't have anything to prove. My point is the 900r is no turd like many on here keep claiming. Stock for stock it is as fast or faster than my old Sidewinder. I'm not talking about 300 hp tuned Winders. My Winder is bone stock. I can't speak for what others are running. All I will say is if you ride a stock Winder don't be thinking you are going to destroy a stock 900r.
I can't speak for other Machs and how they run. My 900r performs as advertised and I have read there are many others performing as expected. I'm very familiar with how a STOCK Winder performs because I owned one and still ride with it every weekend. I also do all the maintenance on it.
There is a lot of talk about low RPM's on the 900r and my findings are different from others. My stock belt on my 900r revs between 7800 and 8000 rpm. I tried a XS821 ultimax on it yesterday and ran several runs to compare them. Even though the 821 reved 200 rpm lower it was faster on top and got there quicker. My take after several runs is my 900r is faster and quicker at 7700 rpm than it is at 7900 rpm and I think it has to do with the stock belt slipping.
"I'm not going to start a pissing contest"
Oh?
From yesterdays post "On a side note, my 900R is a rocket". "Faster GPS speeds than my Winder ever posted."

No ones asking for pink slips. Be a big boy and post these GPS numbers. :)

No moguls, just washboard. I'm not looking to start a pissing contest either, so if I offended you, my apologies.

I'm just a lonely trail rider and those numbers are from an average day out riding. I only posted because Fast asked for GPS numbers, otherwise I would not have posted, as actually I'm a little ashamed of the low numbers.
LOL!

My speed never changed with that spring but my throttle response improved greatly.
On a side note my 900r Renegade is a rocket. I can't believe how awesome it runs now with some miles on it. Everything is stock now and I'm seeing gps speeds on roads I run that exceed any I ever saw with my stock Winder. I would welcome running against any stock Winder with my 900r Renegade.
Where is the proof ? Maybe you have none ?? I think I “ll go with that since you did not post the proof.. Like I said already on this site Loyalty only runs brand deep.. Don’t know you but your post clearly show you are trying to justify in your mind why you switched brands by telling others how great your decision was and how great your new sled is.. Talk is cheap and if its the rocket you claim , is there really any reason not to let it do the talking ? No pissing match here ….. Just like to base my learning on facts not fantasy…

He likes his sled and is happy with it so it really shouldn’t matter. People talk and part of the talking is kind of part of snowmobiling then at the end of the day we all can usually get along.
Maybe it is fast. There are a lot of people that do a lot with less that can tune a sled.
I’d say any sled today is pretty nice. There’s just some I choose not to own.
I have seen a lot of turd turbos and it doesn’t matter what brand;)

Where is the proof ? Maybe you have none ?? I think I “ll go with that since you did not post the proof.. Like I said already on this site Loyalty only runs brand deep.. Don’t know you but your post clearly show you are trying to justify in your mind why you switched brands by telling others how great your decision was and how great your new sled is.. Talk is cheap and if its the rocket you claim , is there really any reason not to let it do the talking ? No pissing match here ….. Just like to base my learning on facts not fantasy…
Proof! I don’t owe you proof. I don’t owe you anything. I’m trying to justify changing brands? LOL! I’ve bought 4 SkiDoos since my Winder and I’ve waited 4 years to justify my decision. Since 2004 I have owned nothing but SkiDoos and Yamahas. I have zero interest in either Cat or Polaris.
like I said before, I don’t want this to turn into a pissing contest. I just post my results and give my opinions on two sleds I have owned. No speculation on my part and no second hand news. I have no need to show proof with pics or videos because honestly I don’t care that much either way.
I loved my Winder and I thought at the time it was the best of everything. I still think it’s a fantastic sled.
At this time of my life I buy what makes me happy and financially I don’t have to compromise about anything. I also don’t have to prove anything to anyone or justify what I buy or what I own.
When I bought my 2022 C8 Corvette a friend of mine asked me why I didn’t buy a Porsche instead. I told him it was my money and I didn’t want a Porsche, I wanted a C8.

My riding group just did @ 200 mile ride yesterday. Trails, temps, conditions, company, and burgers in Ear Falls Ont were all great. For the first time ever the 4 strokes out numbered the 2 strokes. All the four strokes were turbos, 3 SW's a brand new 900R Renegade and the lonely 850 Polaris 2 stroke.
All the sleds performed flawlessly and the rider with the brand new, first ride, 900R Renegade with the active suspension could not have been happier with his newly delivered sled. He just came off a 850 Back Country.
My Hurricane PM tuned, closed loop, SW got the best fuel economy followed by the Stock SWs and the 900R...the 850 Polaris burned thye most fuel.
We are all lucky to have these great sleds from all manufactures to ride...pick your poison.
JM.02c

There should be no pissing contests about yellow Ski Doo's.

My riding group just did @ 200 mile ride yesterday. Trails, temps, conditions, company, and burgers in Ear Falls Ont were all great. For the first time ever the 4 strokes out numbered the 2 strokes. All the four strokes were turbos, 3 SW's a brand new 900R Renegade and the lonely 850 Polaris 2 stroke.
All the sleds performed flawlessly and the rider with the brand new, first ride, 900R Renegade with the active suspension could not have been happier with his newly delivered sled. He just came off a 850 Back Country.
My Hurricane PM tuned, closed loop, SW got the best fuel economy followed by the Stock SWs and the 900R...the 850 Polaris burned thye most fuel.
We are all lucky to have these great sleds from all manufactures to ride...pick your poison.
JM.02c
Well Bob I think all of us here can agree that we love our thumpers. You couldn't pay me to own another two stroke. I haven't even looked at a two stroke since I bought my 2006 Apex.
Now if you go over on DooTalk the guys with the biggest mouths are the 4 stroke haters. They just won't accept the fact that we like our 4 strokes.

I had fours since 09 z1
Went in 140s in 1000 ft in 10
All where fast and I only jumped because I knew the boost was coming and wanted to see if I liked poo
I also wanted the 7s gauge which I love in my general my family and I use all summer
I don’t mind either and I am hoping to make 260-300 with my poo;)!
Now if they only get it to me on time!!!
Like I said all the machines of today are pretty good and you really can’t go wrong!

What about the poo
Did it blow up!
Lol
Speeds seem low

Last edited:
Proof! I don’t owe you proof. I don’t owe you anything. I’m trying to justify changing brands? LOL! I’ve bought 4 SkiDoos since my Winder and I’ve waited 4 years to justify my decision. Since 2004 I have owned nothing but SkiDoos and Yamahas. I have zero interest in either Cat or Polaris.
like I said before, I don’t want this to turn into a pissing contest. I just post my results and give my opinions on two sleds I have owned. No speculation on my part and no second hand news. I have no need to show proof with pics or videos because honestly I don’t care that much either way.
I loved my Winder and I thought at the time it was the best of everything. I still think it’s a fantastic sled.
At this time of my life I buy what makes me happy and financially I don’t have to compromise about anything. I also don’t have to prove anything to anyone or justify what I buy or what I own.
When I bought my 2022 C8 Corvette a friend of mine asked me why I didn’t buy a Porsche instead. I told him it was my money and I didn’t want a Porsche, I wanted a C8.
I agree you don’t owe me anything .. You made statements and I believe in giving anyone a honest, fair chance to backup those claims that you stated you have …If thats true then what harm is it to prove your words are reliable and factual… You do realize by not posting the results you stated that you have , your making yourself look bad right ??? Reason why I was asking you is a You Tube Video , title : 2022 Ski-Doo Renegade xrs 900 turbo r vs 850s shows me all I needed to see to know how the same sled you have runs as why I am sticking with you have no proof and there will be no facts to back up your claim.. Now this was filmed by other Ski-Doo riders that are posting results… At the end of the day this not meant to start a pissing match and no disrespect to you or others that choose to ride other brands, its what makes the world go round so to speak.. After all Ski-Doo does sell more sleds than any other manufacture they all can’t be wrong, or can they ??? Lol

The 7 850 Doo’s in my group and 1 Mach Z and 1 900R all run within 1mph of each other with more times than not the 850’s being faster especially form a dig.

850’s are lighter and get better gas mileage. EPIC FAIL FROM DOO !!!!!

I agree 100% from what I’ve also seen
Dang
Now my Polaris boost is going to be a bulls eye
Looking for some victims:die

I agree you don’t owe me anything .. You made statements and I believe in giving anyone a honest, fair chance to backup those claims that you stated you have …If thats true then what harm is it to prove your words are reliable and factual… You do realize by not posting the results you stated that you have , your making yourself look bad right ??? Reason why I was asking you is a You Tube Video , title : 2022 Ski-Doo Renegade xrs 900 turbo r vs 850s shows me all I needed to see to know how the same sled you have runs as why I am sticking with you have no proof and there will be no facts to back up your claim.. Now this was filmed by other Ski-Doo riders that are posting results… At the end of the day this not meant to start a pissing match and no disrespect to you or others that choose to ride other brands, its what makes the world go round so to speak.. After all Ski-Doo does sell more sleds than any other manufacture they all can’t be wrong, or can they ??? Lol
Oh you saw a YouTube video! Why didn’t you say that before? That settles it, you saw a YouTube video and that’s all it took.
I didn’t see a YouTube video, I have the real thing and compare them every time I ride. I wish I would’ve seen the video so I could’ve saved myself from having to ride those sleds. I won’t ever have to line them up again because all I have to do from now on is watch a YouTube video.
I apologize for looking bad and I won’t do that again. I need to spend more time on YouTube and I can thank you for that.

Back