• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

Looks like precision efi has busted into the ecu or they are close.
Web page says they are taking deposits
Yeah I saw that its a few grand to get it all said and done though. For under $100 bucks you can get some darn good gains AND keep your warranty ;)

Sorry been away riding / testing for a while. Not posting on Dootalk about this because too many morons will just crow. Don't need thousands in an ECU to make the Mach work. Some guys just like to waste $

Cheap boost gauge and a manual boost controller work on the Mach I am like $95 all in for everything. Made a fitting to screw into the IC plug to check boost metric bolt drilled then I tapped the head to take a 1/8" npt thread to put my gauge on. Can up boost 3 psi over stock and ride for MILES with zero issue. Puts 10+ mph in the sled.

Boost must be adjusted daily to compensate for weather changes etc... I am good enough at it now I know where to click it based on temp. Few clicks either way each day and its good to go. Get greedy it will toss a code. Turn the boost down ride it a bit after a shut down and it clears.

I would just turn it down, roll out on the lake make a pass look at the boost, turn it up a 2 1/2 psi and call it good. Cold day sled runs more boost so you can't turn it up as much but still 1 to 1 1/2 psi.

Hope it helps.

Thats exactly what I figured Jamie, but most of the boneheads over there don't even know what you are talking about I bet. There are not very many even putting a boost gauge on them, just complain there slow, clutch weight change, this and this belt, blah, blah, blah. I'd have done exactly what you did right off the bat as well. Get the power up to where its supposed to be first.

You have quite a bunch of idiots over there, thats for certain.

Sorry been away riding / testing for a while. Not posting on Dootalk about this because too many morons will just crow. Don't need thousands in an ECU to make the Mach work. Some guys just like to waste $

Cheap boost gauge and a manual boost controller work on the Mach I am like $95 all in for everything. Made a fitting to screw into the IC plug to check boost metric bolt drilled then I tapped the head to take a 1/8" npt thread to put my gauge on. Can up boost 3 psi over stock and ride for MILES with zero issue. Puts 10+ mph in the sled.

Boost must be adjusted daily to compensate for weather changes etc... I am good enough at it now I know where to click it based on temp. Few clicks either way each day and its good to go. Get greedy it will toss a code. Turn the boost down ride it a bit after a shut down and it clears.

I would just turn it down, roll out on the lake make a pass look at the boost, turn it up a 2 1/2 psi and call it good. Cold day sled runs more boost so you can't turn it up as much but still 1 to 1 1/2 psi.

Hope it helps.
Nice work ! This reminds of when the Acat 1100 turbos first arrived, there were guys that "shimmed" the waste gate to get more boost without a tune. Washers are cheap. Your solution is more elegant. Kudos !

Hope it helps.
Sounds like a good option! So I guess the stock Ecu will follow the extra boost and add fuel? Go to high and get into over boost like any stock turbo and Ecu would do.

Thats exactly what I figured Jamie, but most of the boneheads over there don't even know what you are talking about I bet. There are not very many even putting a boost gauge on them, just complain there slow, clutch weight change, this and this belt, blah, blah, blah. I'd have done exactly what you did right off the bat as well. Get the power up to where its supposed to be first.

You have quite a bunch of idiots over there, thats for certain.

Yeah Mike our old pal Janetty is posting there with his BS every day now too. Ridiculous really that these so called experts know it all lol. Your spot on make the power first then worry about the rest.

I've been consistently running 120+ mph with ours now, I have one more trick I am going to try this weekend to see if I can get a little more out of it. Right now even without the extra boost mine is boarder line needing more weight in the clutch, I have some arms to play with to see if there is more in it with the power being there.

I don't know why the OEM's are so against putting a boost gauge on their turbo engines, that's the first thing anyone who cares about performance should be doing.

I don't know why the OEM's are so against putting a boost gauge on their turbo engines, that's the first thing anyone who cares about performance should be doing.

I agree. Whenever I'm out testing, my boost gauge is always up. In fact, I'll be running through mine in the off season because my gauge has been reading lower than last season.

If I didn't have a gauge, I'd never know.

Yeah Mike our old pal Janetty is posting there with his BS every day now too. Ridiculous really that these so called experts know it all lol. Your spot on make the power first then worry about the rest.

I've been consistently running 120+ mph with ours now, I have one more trick I am going to try this weekend to see if I can get a little more out of it. Right now even without the extra boost mine is boarder line needing more weight in the clutch, I have some arms to play with to see if there is more in it with the power being there.

Because it only invites comparison that the average buyer doesn't want. The majority of buyers will simply buy what they have convinced themselves is 'the best' solution and they don't want to have that decision undone by actual data/comparisons. The P-Boost has a gauge but only to show you that boost is there, no real numbers that I have seen on a dash.

Because it only invites comparison that the average buyer doesn't want. The majority of buyers will simply buy what they have convinced themselves is 'the best' solution and they don't want to have that decision undone by actual data/comparisons. The P-Boost has a gauge but only to show you that boost is there, no real numbers that I have seen on a dash.
I think the guys that care about it would compare and the guys who didn't would be happy to have a nice little gadget on their screen that has a pretty bar graph.

I think the guys that care about it would compare and the guys who didn't would be happy to have a nice little gadget on their screen that has a pretty bar graph.

Totally agree. Look at the brew haha that came about over the 17.4lbs of advertised boost on the mach. I bet most of forum noise would not have existed if marketing had just stuck to the HP number and there was a bar graph that said 'BOOST'. Most consumers just want to know they own something and don't really care how it works.

Lots of clowns and trolls over on DooTalk. There is very little if any good info there these days.
My 900r runs great and I've done nothing to it. I have from day 1 revved 7900-8000 rpm with the stock belt. With the Ultimax XS 821 it will rev 7700-7800 rpm but it's actually faster and quicker. I think the stock belt slips more and is longer. The stock belt is 44 1/2 inches and the 821 is 44 1/4 inches. My wife runs the 531 Doo belt in her 900t and it's also 44 1/4 inches long. I find all belts will vary up to a 1/4 inch but most are pretty close. I have never had my rpm's drop down to 7400 like many claim on DT and my rpm's hold steady after you hit it.
If you read all the crap on DT the sky is falling and everything is junk or garbage. It was no different here when the Sidewinder first came out. There was lots of hate and talk about what a pooch the Winder was. I loved mine and just ignored the haters as much as possible.

I see that. I can't believe that would be Ted Sr. talking all the stupid crap like that though. With what I'm reading I wonder if its his kid Ted Jr. Sure comes across as a know it all, but plain to see he really doesn't know much about these sleds at all, thats what makes me believe its Ted Sr's kid. Cause Ted Sr knew quite a bit really and had some fast Yamaha turbo RX-1s.

We put a Hurricane ECU into my buddies Mack and it is now a rocket. Was a turd stock and he really wasn't happy, it was one that was getting beat by the 850's, Its pulling a boat load of weight in the PB-80 setup with the Hurricane ECU now. Much more than I'd have imagined and of course drills the 850's very bad now.

I was really thinking about a Doo as a change, till I see they changed nothing on the Doo front end, so placed my order for a new SRX today. We'll see if it shows for this fall, if not, I have my 17 dialed to perfection and will ride it. Had to get the power steering Winder ordered to see what thats about and needed a change, even though its not much of a change, at least its a different color anyway. LOL!

Pulled the trigger on an srx? Could you believe the Yamaha coming out cheaper than cat? I would buy the srx wayyy before Barney the thundercat for the $ difference!
Lol

Pulled the trigger on an srx? Could you believe the Yamaha coming out cheaper than cat? I would buy the srx wayyy before Barney the thundercat for the $ difference!
Lol

Yes, called my good dealer buddy to get my name on one, only time will tell if it really comes in however. I'll text you about the other little tidbit I learned about another chassis the 998 turbo resides in on a prototype machine. You'll find it VERY interesting to say the least.

Yes, called my good dealer buddy to get my name on one, only time will tell if it really comes in however. I'll text you about the other little tidbit I learned about another chassis the 998 turbo resides in on a prototype machine. You'll find it VERY interesting to say the least.
Obviously a chassis which was predicted for next year, any change with rear skid , ?

Back