• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

I think it is, what it is.... Was the winder on point? Maybe yes or maybe no? Were the conditions favorable to the winder? Perhaps not...but the conditions were the same for the Polaris, so IMO this was a fair race and the winder lost......period. I say let the Polaris faithful bask in victory.

Polaris is notorious for releasing prototypes that make more power than the sled that the accolades will receive the next year. Sadly, those that parted with 22k will be looking at our rear flaps, but until then....at least they have hope. Those that try to boost the Boost will need a 5 gallon pail to collect all burnt pistons. In the end, it's their money, and they can waste it how they want.

I kinda like videos like this, as it will make the new boost owners more brazen and provide us with some fresh meat to fleece. The Mach Z owners were brazen at the beginning of winter too, until they all received a reality check. Now when Mach Z owners meet a winder, they quiver and tremble in terror and have to breath into a brown paper bag to thwart an anxiety attack.

Last edited:

I agree for the most part. However, the tq of a 4 stroke really requires good traction. Who drags in soft conditions? Lots of variables can change the outcome just on that alone. Factor in track size? The lighter sled will have the advantage on soft snow. Its a given. A new TCAT would have had a better showing as the gearing is much better for drag racing. Is what it is... As you said Fleecer... I won't even worry about one of those with my 1" track and 300hp and I don't need to run race gas...

Update: To me it looks like Jeromy is just trying to sell his tunes as he already has the 260tune for drag race as shown in another video.

Last edited:
I think it is, what it is.... Was the winder on point? Maybe yes or maybe no? Were the conditions favorable to the winder? Perhaps not...but the conditions were the same for the Polaris, so IMO this was a fair race and the winder lost......period. I say let the Polaris faithful bask in victory.

Polaris is notorious for releasing prototypes that make more power than the sled that the accolades will receive the next year. Sadly, those that parted with 22k will be looking at our rear flaps, but until then....at least they have hope. Those that try to boost the Boost will need a 5 gallon pail to collect all burnt pistons. In the end, it's their money, and they can waste it how they want.

I kinda like videos like this, as it will make the new boost owners more brazen and provide us with some fresh meat to fleece. The Mach Z owners were brazen at the beginning of winter too, until they all received a reality check. Now when Mach Z owners meet a winder, they quiver and tremble in terror and have to breath into a brown paper bag to thwart an anxiety attack.
So many questions to ask!
So many things to figure out over the summer. I guess I’m lucky owning both. I lost 22k on a sled that will be worth more next season. Seems good to me.
I don’t buy hype but it’s common sense on paper like it or not on top of owning and tuning current 850.
I’ve owned multiple 998s here and multiple 1100s. Never said they where a bad sled but they do have alot of “fixes”.
I like the under dog status of this boost.
You are welcome to come fleece us too. Open invitation.
I’ve been beaten before and it’s all in good fun.
Video is going to be rolling though

So many questions to ask!
So many things to figure out over the summer. I guess I’m lucky owning both. I lost 22k on a sled that will be worth more next season. Seems good to me.
I don’t buy hype but it’s common sense on paper like it or not on top of owning and tuning current 850.
I’ve owned multiple 998s here and multiple 1100s. Never said they where a bad sled but they do have alot of “fixes”.
I like the under dog status of this boost.
You are welcome to come fleece us too. Open invitation.
I’ve been beaten before and it’s all in good fun.
Video is going to be rolling though

Your post above is well stated and I can certainly understand your point of view. I appreciate the courtesy, and the invitation to my neck of the woods is always open too.

I too have been beaten.....probably more than anyone else here. The losses are what fuel my ambition and drive me to keep tuning. It's all in good fun.

You mention a topic I have been very interested in, (video recording) however I'll start another post so I don't derail this one. Perhaps you can shed some light in this area.

how many phones calls is speedwerx going to get next December for a bullshit video... lol

I dont see how you all can be so Confident. It doesnt look like either sled was going all that fast because of conditions so Top End doesnt even come into play. They said stock sleds. I cant count the number of Stock Winders and 9000's that my Viper has taken down in races up to 80/90 mph. I know they come by like a freight train after that but you best be careful about picking your races. Many times when opportunity is there to actually line up and run there just isnt room for more speed or conditions like whoops or lot of snow just dont allow it. I have heard great things powerwise about this boosted Polaris. It surely would be fun at altitude where it belongs. Not even thinking of buying one but only because I cant afford. Heck my Venom only has 500mi on it in two years of offtrail riding. At that rate a 2st even one thats a time bomb makes sense for off trail especially with warranty. I think this race is comparing Apples to Oranges. Worthless.

Finally our 31 mile lake is frozen. Very little snow on the lake and flat as a pancake . About 0f all day. Super hard ice. One of my friends bought his cousin up with a new Mach Z with about 300 miles of Tug Hill riding on it. My friend has a 2021 Maytrix 850 with a couple thousand miles on it. My other friend got a new T cat with power steering. They are all stock and studded My 17 Winder is tuned so I stayed out of the racing till the end. They all ran close to a mile and started from a 20mph roll due to hard ice and not much traction. T cat all the way. Probably at least 10 sled lengths pretty much pulling the other 2 the whole way. The 850 Poo Poo and the Mach Z were pretty even almost every race. My Powertrail tuned Winder out ran the T cat pretty easily at the end as I expected. Sorry no gps and no video. My crappy iPhone died in the cold. Lots more racing tomorrow before the snowstorm.
My MachZ is completely stock with about 300 miles on it. It did not feel like 120 mph. I like my Apex way better. Although the Z is very comfortable with great suspension. My heart still belongs to Yamaha.

how many phones calls is speedwerx going to get next December for a bullshit video... lol
None
Its not fake. The problem I have run into as stated above is the quickness. My 270 hp Tcat got beat over and over at st germain by stock 850s. I came off trail and side raced with them. They leave so hard out of the gate there wasn’t time to real them in. Put chisels in and changes game. I don’t trail ride with chisels.
The 850 n/a I had this year would be 3-4 lengths ahead of our stock Tcat and it couldn’t catch the 850 by 1000 ft.
Traction with the 280 tuned tcats and they where 3-4 lengths ahead at 1000. The 850 is close to 100 in 660.
Is what it is

Now there’s your problem. Gotta run chisels with that much hp .game changer

My buddy has a 22 vr1 matrix 850.
Every time he lined up with me I left him from the start and just kept pulling away.
Even doing a roll on at any speed I would just walk away from his 850.

My buddy has a 22 vr1 matrix 850.
Every time he lined up with me I left him from the start and just kept pulling away.
Even doing a roll on at any speed I would just walk away from his 850.
You ride in up
We can hook up and see
I will have 1.63 triggers or 1.86 in the middle on my sled
If you spin you ain’t going to win
Maybe we can unload the firecat to play with the 500 hp sleds

Wow.....I thought the Hiller's radar runs were legit.
Which class did they pair a stock 850 2s with a modified 270hp 4s?

Back