• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Driveshaft wear at 10000kms

Well, I just checked mine. 1,500 miles and there is significant play in the shaft. I will be bringing it in since it is still under warranty.

You can see where the inner race has been spinning on the shaft.

Attachments

• rps20190420_121153_165.jpg
    rps20190420_121153_165.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 225
I bet mine is really ugly at 7200? Lol. It would not take much IMO to fix this issue. I feel the HP numbers on the winder is making this more of a issue then other Cat sleds. Yamaha stepped up when they originally joined Cat on sled manufacturing and made some changes to the procross for the BETTER. They really need to step up on this issue and come up with a fix. I’m not holding my breath but some engineering guy could easily come up with something?

No doubt I caught mine early. My dad has 7,000 miles on his and it has never been checked. Can't wait to see what his looks like.

Alot of it is bearing condition and I bet the shaft hardness varies also. Buddies 7000 has around 8000mi and his was still good last season.I think you guys putting more power to it are definitely seeing it sooner and more often.

Maybe something like the apex secondary with the bearing and that sleeve that fits inside then locks with the nut on the back??
I dunno...

Alot of it is bearing condition and I bet the shaft hardness varies also. Buddies 7000 has around 8000mi and his was still good last season.I think you guys putting more power to it are definitely seeing it sooner and more often.

My bearing was still in good shape. I could spin the inner race with my finger. My sled is stock, 1,500 miles of trail riding, no studs.

My bearing was still in good shape. I could spin the inner race with my finger. My sled is stock, 1,500 miles of trail riding, no studs.
Yea yours isnt that wore at all. Probably a shaft thats on small side. For me I will just stick with the yearly peening and every 2 seasons replace whole driveshaft since drivers are about wore out by then anyway.

I have seen them with 7000 miles running 260 hp with no wear. It is strange how some do it and some don't. I think it is fitment also.

Back