• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Problems and Warranty Items.

The dealers I have spoke to are close friends of mine and dont lie to me..LOL
I will back you on that one. Same thing here. If the owners don't report it and bring it in Yamaha does not know. Happens way more than a guy would think. Dealers also will not acknowledge a issue unless they see it so bring it to their attention. Everything. I still am only one to warranty a worn top gear bushing,driveshaft wore from spun bearing and grooved brake Caliper and I know for sure there are many out there. Not going to get fixed for good with only one guy reporting it.

I sanded entire ramp surface starting with 120 grit and finished with 320 followed by 400. It did not take much on mine to make 3rd roller contact. I have put on 1,000 miles sine I did this and it looks fine. I'm going to buy rollers from Ulmer when I get back from my trip.

Thanks! Did you check the roller contact with the spring removed? I only had one roller touching. I had to sand the one ramp a lot! And the second one slightly. When I would check contact of the rollers I would put helix on without spring, third one would touch somewhat but not like the other two. Installed everything and checked again and all 3 rollers are contacting ramps.

I have had a bunch of issues but it's luck of the draw. My dealer told me I'm the only one that he sold that's having issues and Yamaha said they have had very little issues at all. ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a bunch of issues but it's luck of the draw. My dealer told me I'm the only one that he sold that's having issues and Yamaha said they have had very little issues at all. ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many just are not as informed or just not noticing. I just helped a guy setup his suspension on Winder and glanced at his clutch. Sure enough flat roller. Did not go over well with the owner when I pointed that out so I stopped looking at his sled. But he never knew.

As for roller spot and broken belt go with a 41/37 helix at 3/3, will reduce belt tension and heat! The stock 35 helix on the secondary clutch is not the proper helix! With that set up never broke a belt, and trust me I ride my sled extremely hard!

If you don't believe me, I got all my Infos from Gille at GForce in Coaticook Quebec I know the him, he has the world record for sled top speed (210 mph).

I've got 300 miles now the only issue (chime in if u have had this or can help me) is if I pin it right to the bar (which is often ) I get 3 seconds of accelerating, then it cuts out. If I keep holding down to the bar it cuts back in and then again cuts out.

I've got 300 miles now the only issue (chime in if u have had this or can help me) is if I pin it right to the bar (which is often ) I get 3 seconds of accelerating, then it cuts out. If I keep holding down to the bar it cuts back in and then again cuts out.
I believe you are running a turboforce exhaust and will require a flash...

How many miles on a stock sled & belt are we seeing? I've got a 1,000 miles on my stock LTX-LE so far. Most of the guys blowing belts seem to be on sleds that they have made either Clutching or HP changes.

I just returned from my trip to the Gaspe Quebec and have 2,900 miles at this time. I did change my original belt at 700 miles due to flat spotting it getting stuck on a dead end trail. So I have 2,200 miles on current belt. I have to admit I only pinched it off a couple of times on the wide open trails of Quebec and did break trail in 2 feet of fresh for 60 miles one day, with the clutches staying cool for conditions. Clutch sheeves look great with no black from belt. Also I am happy with fuel mileage, able to get 125 miles on a tank when needed. Haven't tightened chain yet, thinking of paying dealer for this and letting him deal with muffler bolts. All in all I am very happy with this sled and enjoy it, awesome sled.

I had the same problem, sled was freezing up due to water in the gas. I put gas line antifreeze in it and problem solved !

Take your seat off once and a while and check your battery
Looks like mine had been leaking, the acid ate the stitching out of both sides of the seat
Battery must be cracked somewhere
I will have a new seat cover and new battery within a day
All warranty of course

I have a sway bar bushing gone on left side and now swaybar is rubbing my panel and my left shock doesn't hold pressure in the evol chamber it leaks out its going in for warranty this week

Yamaha replaced my secondary rollers with different ones. Fixed my thumb warmer " broken wire" replaced heat shield. Did something with my muffler bolts and retorqued my turbo bolts. Also adjusted my chain case. All warranty and recall

Back