• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Problems and Warranty Items.

Same issue on my Friends 2017 X-TX-LE heated seat wont work and left side hand warmer doesn't work, keep me posted on what they find he has not taken it to dealer as it just happened 2 days ago
Both seat and grip warmer replaced. Tried it out last weekend. Both work. Hard to tell about grip warmer, though, as was riding in over 30 degree weather. Even rode most of day with warmers off.
Can say warranty work good so far. Rollers replaced, chaincase resealed, plastics replaced (nose and side panel had blemishes from factory) , new graphics (delaminated), and now the warmers. Only cost to me was time hauling it back and forth.

I blew a front shock seal on My 2017 LTX-DX at 2000 miles. I took it to a dealer and had it replaced for $146 thinking it was covered under YES warranty and it is not. I knew there was a issue when I saw a puddle of oil on my ski and I just had the dealer replace it on the spot because I was heading to the UP the next day for a weekend ride. I guess I have a backup shock going forward after I get it repaired.

700 miles, I found inner chaincase tabs cracked, self tapping screws from the inner tunnel coming to the outside going into the tabs, factory must have used a impact to tighten and went to far. Covered under warranty. I found the cracks three of them when I was about to change the oil, there was no leakage, outside cover was good. Everybody should take a close look. Mine is a 17 ZR same chaIncase.

So I saw that some people were having issues with the rollers. I was just wondering if there were any signs from the sled that these were failing before actually looking at them (noises, feel, etc)? I have almost 2,000 miles on my sidewinder xtx, but haven't noticed anything. Just wanna make sure I am not missing something. Thanks!

So I saw that some people were having issues with the rollers. I was just wondering if there were any signs from the sled that these were failing before actually looking at them (noises, feel, etc)? I have almost 2,000 miles on my sidewinder xtx, but haven't noticed anything. Just wanna make sure I am not missing something. Thanks!

When my primary rollers went I could feel it in my feet at 40 to 45 MPH and then again at 50 to 55.. like a strange vibration like maybe the belt had a spot or I had a bearing going out.

When my primary rollers went I could feel it in my feet at 40 to 45 MPH and then again at 50 to 55.. like a strange vibration like maybe the belt had a spot or I had a bearing going out.
Thanks! And worst case if the rollers fully fail what happens?

Is this primary clutch rattle normal on Winders?

Glad mine doesn’t sound like that lol

Hey guys; hoping to get some answers here . I should start to say I’m a proud owner of a 50th anniversary sidewinder
Picked my baby up in November. Anyways my first ride was very incredible. I said to myself this is going to be a real addiction smiling then started the problems first ride was awesome breaking in a new sled put on 350 km for the first day and went home the next weekend I went out again not so great lost the chain case window fell into the case I’m guessing .. ..?. all the oils was lost and chain sized up brought into the dealer they replaced the complete chain case I was off again. now I have 4300 km now just lifted it up in my garage we’ll just checking it all over and found the ball joints have visible play also they bang looking up at the rest of the A-arm all the bushings have marginal wear pretty much everything is loose in the front end even the sway bar or torsion links It’s really kinda disturbing for all these parts to be messed up on a 20,000 dollar machine not even going to get into the belt dust and a secondary that is not adjusted right but I took care of the problem myself . Also on my inspection I found the air filter to be saturated with engine oil. Also the brake lever is very spongee that might just be air .
there are many problems with the sled that are arising now after 4300 km what else is next. Has anyone been having the same problems ?

Hey guys; hoping to get some answers here . I should start to say I’m a proud owner of a 50th anniversary sidewinder
Picked my baby up in November. Anyways my first ride was very incredible. I said to myself this is going to be a real addiction smiling then started the problems first ride was awesome breaking in a new sled put on 350 km for the first day and went home the next weekend I went out again not so great lost the chain case window fell into the case I’m guessing .. ..?. all the oils was lost and chain sized up brought into the dealer they replaced the complete chain case I was off again. now I have 4300 km now just lifted it up in my garage we’ll just checking it all over and found the ball joints have visible play also they bang looking up at the rest of the A-arm all the bushings have marginal wear pretty much everything is loose in the front end even the sway bar or torsion links It’s really kinda disturbing for all these parts to be messed up on a 20,000 dollar machine not even going to get into the belt dust and a secondary that is not adjusted right but I took care of the problem myself . Also on my inspection I found the air filter to be saturated with engine oil. Also the brake lever is very spongee that might just be air .
there are many problems with the sled that are arising now after 4300 km what else is next. Has anyone been having the same problems ?
Every sled I have ever owned had the,front bushings and ball joints loosen up after some miles. This was on all my Doo's my Cats and Poo's. I never felt it had any real ill effects on handling or ride so I never worried about it.

Back