• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Problems and Warranty Items.

Only bushings I replaced front end in 13000mi on mine are the upper arm bushings and ski bushings. Yes there is a slight amount of play in lowers and minuscule in joints but they were exactly the same with 1000mi on them no change after. Guess what I saying is don't panic just keep a eye on it. If no change run it.

This is just ridiculous. My buddies winder is the same. I've never heard such a racket on a Yamaha, ever.

Their is now a fix for it by hurricane performance. But I got use to it after a while

Their is now a fix for it by hurricane performance. But I got use to it after a while

Lol ya me too...I thought it was gonna drive me crazy, and to be honest, it doesn’t bother me one bit at all!! I’m so surprised I can say that, but it’s the truth..I do not find it bothersome one bit.

This is just ridiculous. My buddies winder is the same. I've never heard such a racket on a Yamaha, ever.
Agreed it doesn’t sound very good but this sound has been present on all 3cyl 4 stroke Yamaha sleds since they started making them. It’s totally normal. It’s because of the design of the stub shaft coming off the crankshaft.

2018 sidewinder. I can drive the sled all day and not have any problems, but when I am hard on it, about 80mph it goes into limp mode and getting code sd26 (supposed to be a boost leak). I shut they key off and turn it back on and it works normal again for a while. I went over the sled myself and I cant find any boost leaks. I had it to the dealer and they went over everything and so far are not able to find any leaks. they by passed the vacuum hose going from the wastegate solenoid to the air box. basically, they capped off the nipple on the back of the air box and left the solenoid open. (they were directed to try this from Yamaha head office as they thought the line could be froze up) . It didn't fix the problem.
Anyone else have problems with code sd26?

2018 sidewinder. I can drive the sled all day and not have any problems, but when I am hard on it, about 80mph it goes into limp mode and getting code sd26 (supposed to be a boost leak). I shut they key off and turn it back on and it works normal again for a while. I went over the sled myself and I cant find any boost leaks. I had it to the dealer and they went over everything and so far are not able to find any leaks. they by passed the vacuum hose going from the wastegate solenoid to the air box. basically, they capped off the nipple on the back of the air box and left the solenoid open. (they were directed to try this from Yamaha head office as they thought the line could be froze up) . It didn't fix the problem.
Anyone else have problems with code sd26?

Are you flashed?

Verify vacuum line routing... Then turbo bolts (even though that was a 17 issue).... Then do a boost leak test... Temporarily Flip the brv around to go higher boost... Have a friend hold the primary so it doesn't roll over...

I put on maybe 130 miles on my 19 xtx le. The only issue I noticed is the belt sometimes squeals a little when I am rolling to a stop then tap the throttle a bit before the revs drop to idle. Something in the clutching.
Besides that you guys know if most of the issues have been dealt with on the 2019s? Mine was a power surge model. Am thinking thats not a good thing. :eek:

2019 SRX...80% of the time under WOT it’s like your turning it on and off keep it under 3/4 never does it started doing this after 500klms the night before it quit and the oil light came on so I added 900ml it started and was good oil level was good, the next day the oil was way over full I noticed on the trail and then after 100 klms it was like the dam TORS was kicking in but only at WOT back at the dealer and I’m being questioned if it’s stock YES. Now they’re putting in another motor cause Yamaha doesn’t know the problem BUT I hope when I travel another 10 hours to drive it, it better not act up on the top end

Hi i am new on this site i have 2019 SRX and i had an issue whit the intercooler being clog whit ice when i ride in deep snow did anyone find a solution for this at first it is snow but turns quick in to ice.

I put on maybe 130 miles on my 19 xtx le. The only issue I noticed is the belt sometimes squeals a little when I am rolling to a stop then tap the throttle a bit before the revs drop to idle. Something in the clutching.
Besides that you guys know if most of the issues have been dealt with on the 2019s? Mine was a power surge model. Am thinking thats not a good thing. :eek:
i notice on mine to that when i come to a stop by using only the brake when i start back it squeeks but when i come to a stop by not using the brake it doesnt sqeek

i notice on mine to that when i come to a stop by using only the brake when i start back it squeeks but when i come to a stop by not using the brake it doesnt sqeek

I’m experiencing same squeak

Back