• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

Dealer told me that Cat warranty costs per sled came down significantly after the merger and Yamaha's suggestion as to how to improve quality on the line. Dont know where the info was from, he does get some inside the industry papers.

I think Yamaha and Arctic Cat will renew their agreement for another 5 years. Yamaha will put more emphasis on differentiating their models from Artic Cat with a more unique looking good. I think we will also see the 540 fan used in another model and a new Viper or even the return on the Nytro :)

I think Yamaha and Arctic Cat will renew their agreement for another 5 years. Yamaha will put more emphasis on differentiating their models from Artic Cat with a more unique looking good. I think we will also see the 540 fan used in another model and a new Viper or even the return on the Nytro :)

I think the agreement will continue as well. Textron has already made an announcement that they would like to continue the joint venture. With that said, however if this is the way forward I would agree that Yamaha needs to have a more distinctive style and more unique product packaging. I actually think the Viper had a more unique style compared to it's Cat counterpart then the Sidewinder does.

It would be cool if Yamaha dumped millions and millions into an all new in house built sled, but they would never get any ROI on it. BRP and to a lesser extent Polaris have one heck of a hold on the snowmobile market. 2 strokes are still king and Yamaha misjudged the market 15 years ago. If we really had went to an all 4 Stroke market they would probably be #1 right now, but that never happened.

If Textron ever decides to divest snow products Yamaha should jump on it. Market the Cat brand with all 2 Strokes and Yamaha brand 4 Strokes. I still believe that Textron could care less about the sleds. They renamed the dirt products to split it off. Time will tell.

I think the agreement will continue as well. Textron has already made an announcement that they would like to continue the joint venture. With that said, however if this is the way forward I would agree that Yamaha needs to have a more distinctive style and more unique product packaging. I actually think the Viper had a more unique style compared to it's Cat counterpart then the Sidewinder does.

It would be cool if Yamaha dumped millions and millions into an all new in house built sled, but they would never get any ROI on it. BRP and to a lesser extent Polaris have one heck of a hold on the snowmobile market. 2 strokes are still king and Yamaha misjudged the market 15 years ago. If we really had went to an all 4 Stroke market they would probably be #1 right now, but that never happened.

If Textron ever decides to divest snow products Yamaha should jump on it. Market the Cat brand with all 2 Strokes and Yamaha brand 4 Strokes. I still believe that Textron could care less about the sleds. They renamed the dirt products to split it off. Time will tell.

2-strokes dominate the market, but Polaris' lack of a 4-stroke is severely hurting them.

I am seeing more 4 strokes on the trails around here than 2 strokes.......

AC and Yamaha lose cost control if plastic is too different. I have no idea what is next for Yamaha and Textron?? ....Sure is quiet on both fronts?? The market wants something more that AC rebranded sleds for sure but that would be different from the current OEM relationship. Extending the OEM Agreement for 5 more years does little for me unless Yamaha improves their rebranded sleds with EPS and AC does not.

2-strokes dominate the market, but Polaris' lack of a 4-stroke is severely hurting them.
This is the number one reason I switched brands. Always rode polaris but no 4stroke

This is the number one reason I switched brands. Always rode polaris but no 4stroke
It's one of the reason I didn't switch! If Poo had offered decent 4 stroke I would probably be riding a 144 Assault. I'm done with 2 strokes, except my chainsaws.

I wish they were outlawed ha... ha when a pack of stinkdoos come by... lingers in the helmet.. nasty.

I wish they were outlawed ha... ha when a pack of stinkdoos come by... lingers in the helmet.. nasty.
How about when they have those fake Mohawks on top the helmet and number plates on sled! Had to run'em down and pass. They almost had me though. Was feeling woozy from the fumes they were emiting.

When a pack of DOO's go by, it reminds me of a keg party when someone throws a red Dixie cup in the fire......i start to reminisce of carrying half kegs deep in the woods.....so passing DOO's helps me remember my youth!

6 corners later the memories turn into remembering punching the idiot that stunk up the party. BUT, you can't punch a 2-stroker for stinking up the party.
That would be sled racism.

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT condone violence just because someone stinks up your day by burning plastic

I thought I was the only one pre judging those Mohawk helmets. LOL
I just don’t get it I guess I am not alone

When a pack of DOO's go by, it reminds me of a keg party when someone throws a red Dixie cup in the fire......i start to reminisce of carrying half kegs deep in the woods.....so passing DOO's helps me remember my youth!

6 corners later the memories turn into remembering punching the idiot that stunk up the party. BUT, you can't punch a 2-stroker for stinking up the party.
That would be sled racism.

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT condone violence just because someone stinks up your day by burning plastic
For the 2-stroke owners. ;-)
bc6be58e5ecbb1d28b7bef0286ac850b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wish they were outlawed ha... ha...
I think this was what Yamaha was thinking when they went all 4-stroke. The clamp down on emissions was going to force the 2-strokers to go lean or go home and that's exactly what happened. In the mean time, the 2-stroke mfrs have been getting their #*$&@ together and now the 4-stroke efficiency advantage is diminished while the longevity advantage remains strong but decreasing as well. If they're an engine company at heart, I think they can learn from Poo and Doo recent history on what works and what doesn't. I'm leaving Cat out of this because I don't think the Suzuki 2-strokes were leaned out as much which is funny in a way. Must be a Japanese thing - (though shalt not lean out a 2-stroke) forcing Cat to make their own.

I think this was what Yamaha was thinking when they went all 4-stroke. The clamp down on emissions was going to force the 2-strokers to go lean or go home and that's exactly what happened. In the mean time, the 2-stroke mfrs have been getting their #*$&@ together and now the 4-stroke efficiency advantage is diminished while the longevity advantage remains strong but decreasing as well. If they're an engine company at heart, I think they can learn from Poo and Doo recent history on what works and what doesn't. I'm leaving Cat out of this because I don't think the Suzuki 2-strokes were leaned out as much which is funny in a way. Must be a Japanese thing - (though shalt not lean out a 2-stroke) forcing Cat to make their own.

Lots of high tech involve with making the new 2 strokes survive, but it's made them heavier too. Look at the outboard market, not much difference between 2 strokes and 4 stroke weights anymore as they NEED to have the 2 strokes durable enough to go 2000+ hours. Doo has transferred most of the "durability" goodies from Evinrude outboards into the new 850 but the 850 is still spins 2500+ more RPM than the outboards. I just don't see anymore left on the table for 2 strokes, heck, they have added displacement on 2 stroke outboards to make the same HP numbers as old engine because the lean A/F was heating up the pistons too much. Our 4 stroke tech, for the most part, is still running on 1990's technology except for the Winder.

Back