• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex Xtx build, 4year build and still changing

Congrtulations!!
Now that's dedication for you to stay on right before and right after!! If that were my house, my wife would have had certain parts forcibly removed!! LOL..

Izzabella Cooper White (I C White)

she just looks like an Izzy, if she later turns out to look like her sisters (goodlooking like their father) she can go by Bella

Dave, she looks like Franki.

I wont be on here much for a while. I have to take care of mama and the kids and install a suspension, track and tunnel in my sled in my spare time.

Attachments

• baby pictures and cross country skiing 059.JPG
    baby pictures and cross country skiing 059.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 200
BETHEVIPER said:
Bingo, we just had a baby. 7lb 9oz baby girl, name is still pending. mama is doing good, coming home on wednesday.

CONGRATS BUD!!! all the best to Mom and the new BABY!!! ;)! :jump:

Well, got to go for the first ride since our new arival last night. I installed my Arrow skis before riding and put the clutching back to stock for now. I wanted to ride the sled as a shorty with the Arrows on them before I stretch it out. Sled is so easy to drive, its like you have power stearing. It turned too easy so I installed 1/4 shims on the back to make it stear harder, not for tracking issues like with a single carbide. I found that I was overstearing too much. It took so little effort to turn it was hard to feel how much you were turning through the bars. After the shim, effort was still very low, easier than my friends xp to turn.
The USI triple threats I have been using for the first part of the year were a very good ski, you would never blow through a corner, too much bite for hard pack in a corner.(im still working on that). The usi skis float better than the Arrow for sure but going into a corner hard and fast, sometimes, your not sure if you have strength enought to turn them.
Arrows now matter how hard you let off the gas, how hard the corner is, you can always, easily turn the bars. I sure wish yamaha would sell their sleds with a 7in version of these skis. My dealer just installed a set on his demo and another friend just installed them on his nitro after using mine. He removed new powder pros. They just work, so predictable. Nice to have a ski actually do what the advertising says it does.

Back to the sled. Tomorrow I'll tear the back off the sled and put the tunnel on and try to get the exhaust back on.
I installed hand guards on the sled, they dont fit very good with the std. windshield. I may have to make mounts.
I tried the trick to fix the headlight spread between hi/low. It worked better but I'm still not happy with the headlights. I ordered a set of yellow,3000k HID lights for the sled. should be here for next weekends ride.
My rsi bar heaters and grips showed up and I got some cork to isolate the heaters from the steel. I have plastic bar hooks to replace the stock aluminum ones that make my pinky cold.
I should have a buisy week ahead to get it done for the weekend.

Awesome BTV!!

Congrats!!!
Getting any sleep yet? lol

Send me the resistance measurements of the new heaters when you get a chance!

Which grips are you going to use?
Been thinking of trying the gel ones, just don't want to insulate my hands from the heat too much...

well, Hugh and I tore the back off the sled, installed the venture 144 tunnel. I fabbed up a rear section from another muffler mount. I had a set of 2 stroke venture heat exchangers welded with larger inlets. The heat exchangers are about 2in shorter than the venture ones so i had to set them back up front. I riveted plates in and used 2 stroke style deflectors on the front of them so they cant catch. We extended the guards back. Covered the tunnel with a 1/8 plate aluminum so I wont have to worry about bending it if I tie something down to it.

Attachments

• 252.JPG
    252.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 253.JPG
    253.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 199
  • 254.JPG
    254.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 195
  • 258.JPG
    258.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 218
Got the extensions from Bruce a CB performance, very good quality and he was great to work with me on this custom part. They fit very well, locked right in. Hugh installed a set of wheels on the inside where the bend is and the 8in wheels in the back(sorry for the missmatch). The rest of the skid is the same as it was in my last sled (superventure). Installed new slides while it was out.
Ten tooth drivers were from skidoo, great piece. I have 22/42 gearing to make up for the ten tooth drivers gearing up the sled. When using 42 tooth reverse gear, you need to remove some material from the reverse idler and the gear. It was a tight fit. The 144 ice attack track came from CB Performance as well. I have riden the sled a little and it hooks up great, I have not tested it yet on glare ice. The rail extension were made for my exact application but I am sure Bruce can modify the program now easily to make what ever length you need. They have a 6deg. tip up. On hard pack, you never know the sled is back there. Off trail, this thing will rip the front end up anywhere.

Attachments

• 261.JPG
    261.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 263.JPG
    263.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 256.JPG
    256.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 255.JPG
    255.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 210
The plastic has all been sanded and ready for paint. I ran out of time to paint it and just installed it sanded. It actually is a nice effect, satiny look to it.

I have some more to do to it that I havent got to, hid lights, custom bars.

I was happy with the handling of the sled with the stock skid but now the sled rides much better but does sit a little taller and I notice the roll a little more. I will be putting in my 13mm sway bar for the next ride and adjusting the skid to set lower and drop some more weight on the front end. Thanks too to MCGUIRE MOTORSPORTS for alot of the small parts on this sled, time to look them up and all the free coffee. Thanks to John for the help one night to get me going in time for a ride. A big thanks to Steve and Hugh who I have had a great time working with on this sled. The sled is yours anytime I'm not using it.

I have found that the long track on a sled is the same as large tires on a truck, it just means that when your stuck, your stuck worse. Steve, Hugh, and I found this out within about 30min.

Hugh was giving the sled a good flogging since he had so much time in it, I thought it only fair he shoud try to break it.

Attachments

• 269.JPG
    269.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 278.JPG
    278.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 282.JPG
    282.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 288.JPG
    288.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 252
metric m10 rails and new style rails are the same in the back other than the width of the t slot on the slide, i have modified my rails to accept yamaha slides. The rail extensions are made to that width. They work great.

Any clearance issues with the 6 degree tip up rails? Plan on doing that for the expert x skid!

Back