• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Driveshaft Saver....Bearing Lock

I tried knurling on one of my shafts but drive axle is still softer than bearing so it ate the knurling up and then went on and ate axle.

as long as the bearing race dose not slip against the rotor/anchor, the bearing would seize in place over time.

Met with one of my machine shops today and he’s making up another prototype option for me.

Would prefer to have a fix that requires no mods to shaft or brake rotor!

Stay tuned.

Of topic...but also maybe some billet gas caps for next season too!

I am in the middle of doing my off season maintenance and plan to drill and tap to add a set screw to lock the inner race
I read somewhere that someone did this and it worked well!
The hole In the center of the shaft is deep enough to reach where the bearing sit!

I will post if I am successful

Last edited:
I am in the middle of doing my off season maintenance and plan to drill and tap to add a set screw to lock the inner race
I read somewhere that someone did this and it worked well!
The hole In the center of the shaft is deep enough to reach where the bearing sit!

I will post if I am successful
I had to bend an allan wrench as it was difficult to get a 1/6 turn. So when I tighten I switch back and forth from the bent allan wrench to a straight one. Another option would be to use a very short hex head bolt instead of an allan bolt, then the twelve point box end of a wrench would work.

Last edited:
GetAttachmentThumbnail
I use this tool. You can buy the whole kit from parts stores or even Home Depot/Lowes for short money

Met with one of my machine shops today and he’s making up another prototype option for me.

Stay tuned.

Tuned!

GetAttachmentThumbnail
I use this tool. You can buy the whole kit from parts stores or even Home Depot/Lowes for short money
Where did the pic go.
A lot of your pics have disappeared eleswhere also.

How bout welding a threaded insert in the end of drive shaft. Then machining a collar that would fit over shaft and push on brake rotor.

No issue welding if have access to a welder. I am seeking bolt on solution easy for anyone to install.

Stay tuned.

Prick punch the shaft then use Green Locktite brand bearing mount.. I have done it many times on Heavy Duty Truck wheel bearings Transfer case housings.. ect..

Back