• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts.... Tunnel Cooler Hose Protector

Travis, Please be sure you got me down for a pair...I know you are likely sick of all my PMs brother, and Im sure you know already I need them lol. Gotta get my sled back together!

Dan

I need a set a long with some other stuff that would be nice to be shipped at the same time and I have the sled apart now also.
Thanks if you can get me on the list also.

I ordered my hose protector and secondary adjuster this morning had a nice conversation with Travis. Can’t wait for parts
Thanks again

Pan

I ordered my hose protector and secondary adjuster this morning had a nice conversation with Travis. Can’t wait for parts
Thanks again

Pan
that's great news! Do you know, does anything else have to be removed (besides the suspension) in order to install the hose protector?

I will do pics when I install mine on weekend. Should be here before that but Im busy this week.

Im not certain we can get at the bolts on top of tunnel easily, but I think its doable without removing fuel tank. Below pic is with fuel tank removed so you can see the nuts, Im sure Travis will give us heads up. I think we can get at these with just removing the shroud at knees I hope.

Dan

We have to get at these two bolts on top of tunnel, to bolt them too underneath...
fullsizeoutput_9bf.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is a pic with tank on, but seat off and knee panel removed....hoping we can get a wrench back on there. Maybe will be able to get a box end wrench onto the nut which is ontop of tunnel, to hold it...then unscrew button head under tunnel from bottom, and install protector, and then screw back in, while box wrench holds nut on top all in one motion.

Worse comes to worse, the tank can be slid rearward a tad to reveal the nuts to get at them easily...but frame members would need to come off to move tank even a little.....but i think all the pump and wiring can stay put, which is the pain in #*$&@ when removing tank altogether.

Dan

fullsizeoutput_9c0.jpeg

Here is a pic with tank on, but seat off and knee panel removed....hoping we can get a wrench back on there. Maybe will be able to get a box end wrench onto the nut which is ontop of tunnel, to hold it...then unscrew button head under tunnel from bottom, and install protector, and then screw back in, while box wrench holds nut on top all in one motion.

Worse comes to worse, the tank can be slid rearward a tad to reveal the nuts to get at them easily...but frame members would need to come off to move tank even a little.....but i think all the pump and wiring can stay put, which is the pain in #*$&@ when removing tank altogether.

Dan

View attachment 142454

I just put my panel back on:o|
I’m hoping to sneak it out. Well better to do this now than hose punctuated on side of the trail

I was just looking thru my pics...this one looks like it might be accessible without removing anything but side panel....not sure about clutch side tho.

fullsizeoutput_9cd.jpeg

Just saw Travis this weekend,
I checked out all the goodies that you guys all want. Very impressive.
He never disappoints

EB4692A4-A8F8-4235-862D-987F8E9AB77F.jpeg
85910F4C-DB1D-43DD-A483-8ADCF5DAC4CE.jpeg
I was just looking thru my pics...this one looks like it might be accessible without removing anything but side panel....not sure about clutch side tho.

View attachment 142461
Dan just went and looked all kinds of room. Pics are both sides exhaust and clutch side.

Pan

All my prototype installs were done with tank in place. I just took the screws out where the tank cover attaches at the footwell, so I could pull the plastic back and get right to the nut with the open end of wrench. Easy installation was a high priority when I was coming up with a design.

IMG_2675.jpg

Back