• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts.... Tunnel Cooler Hose Protector

I really can't figure out, this plus oem epoxy style kit or just a new fangled kit that covers it all at once. I am in the position to do all it once now...

I really can't figure out, this plus oem epoxy style kit or just a new fangled kit that covers it all at once. I am in the position to do all it once now...

What do you mean by oem epoxy style kit? Did Yamaha come out with an update to protect this hose?

No, most people are epoxied in already with oem kit and this BOP kit is an add.

Last edited:
Okay I’ve been waiting on this kit as I’ve already had my factory hose fail last season by a piece of ice. Just wanted to make sure Yamaha didn’t come out with an update or I was going to be bitching as they didn’t want to cover mine under warranty. I had to fight for partial warranty but if they came with an update that would be grounds for getting my money back as they are admitting there is an issue which they told me there is not lmao.

Okay I’ve been waiting on this kit as I’ve already had my factory hose fail last season by a piece of ice. Just wanted to make sure Yamaha didn’t come out with an update or I was going to be bitching as they didn’t want to cover mine under warranty. I had to fight for partial warranty but if they came with an update that would be grounds for getting my money back as they are admitting there is an issue which they told me there is not lmao.

No, this is just one of the latest thoughtful BOP reliability upgrades to keep you running...

Why the need for two? Just wondering Trav....the PTO side rubber hose is above tunnel.

Dan

The rubber hose is still exposed. Not as likely to get damaged, but figured if in there installing might as well do both sides.

The rubber hose is still exposed. Not as likely to get damaged, but figured if in there installing might as well do both sides.
Maybe my rtx is diff but mine is on top of tunnel.

IMG_0470.jpg
IMG_0483.jpg
IMG_0492.jpg

Last edited:
Will that single bolt keep the bracket from pivoting and banging into the heat exchanger run
MS

The protector is formed to fit snug around the cooler. Once it is installed it is locked in and can't pivot. The bolt is just securing it to the tunnel.

From the underside though, there is still exposed hose. The edge of hose is still a snag point.

View attachment 142209

Thanks Travis....I agree, I got under mine and now able to get a closer look, just a small piece of rubber hose pokes down on left side.

I can see how tricky it is, as its a tough area to work in, even with skid out it would be tough to get a drill/rivet gun in there to install a rivet or two, It sure would make me feel better though with two attach points at least. It would be simple to put a nice large plate in there if the entire drive axle was out of sled, but I can not see people wanting to do all that work to install this.

I came up with approx 1.5" of space, from top of my 1.25" lug of track, to the bottom of stock coolant runner....I was worried about the lugs getting torn up by leading edge of this protector, but at this point we are darn close to the drivers, so It sure seems like it will be hard for track to slap upward that distance up there. So Im thinking it should be fine. Maybe deeper lug tracks not so much?

We were talking about this, and it seems the issue arose when these hoses were not being tightened enough(as mine was leaking from factory) and therefore allows ice to push the hose off/up the connection and allowing it to be torn or ruptured. If the hose is tight on the connections, it remains in place and is much tougher for ice. Sure seems like a poor design from the get-go though, should not have rubber hoses underneath a sled where just about anything can be ripping around in the tunnel.

Few pics I took today....

Dan

IMG_3133.jpg
IMG_3129.jpg
IMG_3127.jpg
IMG_3124.jpg
IMG_3123.jpg

Left Side
IMG_3126.jpg
IMG_3125.jpg

Back