• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts.... Tunnel Cooler Hose Protector

Hey Dan, when my hose failed last year it was not due to a loose hose allowing it to stretch. I had a piece of ice actually push up the tunnel causing the hose to tear due to both the ice and misalignment. I believe those guard will help strengthen the area to reduce the chance the tunnel will lift and damage the hose.

Hey Dan, when my hose failed last year it was not due to a loose hose allowing it to stretch. I had a piece of ice actually push up the tunnel causing the hose to tear due to both the ice and misalignment. I believe those guard will help strengthen the area to reduce the chance the tunnel will lift and damage the hose.
You studded?

No studs. But I have the 137 xtx, so I have a back country x track. Making my hose a lot closer to the track than yours would be.

I think studs would help chew up the ice a little to help eliminate or slow down this issue. That being said mine happened first thing in the morning. Started sled and warmed it up. Bounce the back ends a few times to free up the ice chunks. Pulled out of trailer and over to the group. Let sled run a couple more min as last few people got situated. As I pulled across the parking lot to fuel station I heard a chunk of ice come off the tunnel. Came out from
Paying for my fuel and found coolant under the bull head. I was really hoping it was the last person at the pump but no dice. It was my hose torn and leaking. My dealer suggested I back up first to clear ice out of tunnel vs going forward.....

I think studs would help chew up the ice a little to help eliminate or slow down this issue. That being said mine happened first thing in the morning. Started sled and warmed it up. Bounce the back ends a few times to free up the ice chunks. Pulled out of trailer and over to the group. Let sled run a couple more min as last few people got situated. As I pulled across the parking lot to fuel station I heard a chunk of ice come off the tunnel. Came out from
Paying for my fuel and found coolant under the bull head. I was really hoping it was the last person at the pump but no dice. It was my hose torn and leaking. My dealer suggested I back up first to clear ice out of tunnel vs going forward.....
man that sucks....I often hear ice clunking around below when I first leave my place. Mine is in unheated garage. I guess the long studs are good at chewing ice up at least. I also spray tunnel with teflon spray(made for snow blower chute) and have been doing that for yrs on all sleds, but ice still loves to cling in there.

I have heard the G4 doo tunnel design works well for not holding ice, as the coolant is in between edge to edge. Likely a big weight saver too. With the coolant runners only in our tunnels the ice likes to hold on in many spots. The old doos with full exchangers edge to edge/front to back always were clear up top, as they were warm. Also rubs out the edges of track pretty good too with our design.

My dad finished forming them up today. Have around 25 sets ready to go. Our PA sled show is this weekend so a bit tied up with that. I will have them on the website Monday to order.

Back