• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

All the new 2022 sleds in our riding group have finally been delivered. The two sleds I have been waiting to see go head to head finally happened today.
2022 Ski Doo 900R Renegade, pulling 8000RPM, smart shocks, and 137 x 1 1/2" prestudded RipSaw
2022 Sidewinder X-TX LE, 146 x 1.6 Cobra track...no studs, heavier rider
Both sleds have over 500 miles but under 1000 miles and are bone stock
Drag race from dead stop to @ 1000 feet.
Hard packed trail on the lake, both lanes equal conditions.

Results

Sidewinder pulled about a sled length in 60 feet and kept widening the distance the whole way...the 900R was not any threat even on the big end as the SW kept pulling away.
We were surprised the X-TX actually had so little trouble with the 900R...an SRX would have really put a hurting on the Ski Doo.
Case closed

All the new 2022 sleds in our riding group have finally been delivered. The two sleds I have been waiting to see go head to head finally happened today.
2022 Ski Doo 900R Renegade, pulling 8000RPM, smart shocks, and 137 x 1 1/2" prestudded RipSaw

Results

Sidewinder pulled about a sled length in 60 feet and kept widening the distance the whole way...the 900R was not any threat even on the big end as the SW kept pulling away.
We were surprised the X-TX actually had so little trouble with the 900R...an SRX would have really put a hurting on the Ski Doo.
Case closed

Lol. I'm not sure about case closed closed.
I just ran an XTX 1.75" with a muffler & tuner. We basically traded winds with me getting one or two more over him. Very impressive.
And the stock SRX didn't fair well against either of us.
But hey, I thought it was already known what a slug the 900r is?
There have been very few claims of it being godlike. Most of the guys are pinning them at 80mph and the sled doesn't move. Sold!!!!

Results

Case closed
Good Honest Information.. Agree case closed …

Results

Case closed
Doo 900 is a bust !!
Smaller motor, smaller turbo, and runs 1000 RPM less…….all for $20k

Results

Case closed
Video? GPS? Where is the proof?

Good Honest Information.. Agree case closed …
Good honest info? Where is the video? How about GPS numbers? You wanted all that before so what happened?
Case closed? I didn't know a case was opened.
You guys make me laugh and I thank you for that. These forums are now becoming entertaining just like DooTalk.
Back when I first got my Winder all the guys on DooTalk posted what turds they were and how the new 850 Doo was destroying it.
Fast forward 5 years and here we are on the TY forums and nothing has changed.
I give my experience with two sleds I happen to have owned and still own and get grilled. Now I've been called a liar by Doo guys and Yamaha guys. Oh well case closed,

Results

Case closed
That isn't surprising TBH. I rode my Dad's 2022 XTX 146 last weekend. That is going to be a tough sled for anyone to beat from 0-100. That thing hooks up! I bet it would take my tuned RTX a bit to get around him.

In the defense if Ski Doo, I think we will see a mass recall on all sleds with 900 Turbo Motors, as most suffer with an electrical issue with the reverse solenoid.

Thursday night I was out for a lonely stroll and net up with 2 Doo Buddies. I'm not much of a racer, but long story short, we ended lining up 3 wide, with the 22 Mach Z to my right and the 22 Renegade R to my left, myself in the middle. As soon as we grabbed it, I think both Doos accidently went into reverse and I catapulted out of sight. For some reason, when near a sidewinder, the reverse solenoid trips and it appears they go backwards? Both Doos were massaged and owned by local gear heads who will forget more than I'll ever know. One owns a thunder and mops the floors with all the locals. I didn't ask what they had for work, as I didn't care. I thought for sure they would clobber me, but I guess I got lucky.

If you sit back and think about it, this argument can be summed up rather simply. "Currently, there are 2 groups of snowmobilers out on the trails, those that ride Yamaha, and those that get beat by Yamaha.". Case closed!!

Last edited:
In the defense if Ski Doo, I think we will see a mass recall on all sleds with 900 Turbo Motors, as most suffer with an electrical issue with the reverse solenoid.

Thursday night I was out for a lonely stroll and net up with 2 Doo Buddies. I'm not much of a racer, but long story short, we ended lining up 3 wide, with the 22 Mach Z to my right and the 22 Renegade R to my left, myself in the middle. As soon as we grabbed it, both Doos went into reverse and I catapulted out of sight. For some reason, when near a sidewinder, the reverse solenoid trips and it appears they go backwards. Both Doos we're owned by local hotshot racers and had been massaged. I didn't ask what they did, as I didn't care.

If you sit back and think about it, this argument can be summed up rather simply. "Currently, there are 2 groups of snowmobilers out on the trails, those that ride Yamaha, and those that get beat by Yamaha.". Case closed!!
Hahaaha. Good thing that Renegade is my wife's sled! You still wouldn't let me get my thundercat, though!

You said your thunder was in the shop getting a new clutch??

I've yet to lose to your thunder, but always look forward to the day. I'll be home tonight, you have my number, let's air em out!!

Last edited:

Thursday night I was out for a lonely stroll and net up with 2 Doo Buddies. I'm not much of a racer, but long story short, we ended lining up 3 wide, with the 22 Mach Z to my right and the 22 Renegade R to my left, myself in the middle. As soon as we grabbed it, I think both Doos accidently went into reverse and I catapulted out of sight. For some reason, when near a sidewinder, the reverse solenoid trips and it appears they go backwards? Both Doos were massaged and owned by local gear heads who will forget more than I'll ever know. One owns a thunder and mops the floors with all the locals. I didn't ask what they had for work, as I didn't care. I thought for sure they would clobber me, but I guess I got lucky.

1646488767310.png

You said your thunder was in the shop getting a new clutch??

I've yet to lose to your thunder, but always look forward to the day. I'll be home tonight, you have my number, let's air em out!!
You two certainly have the trails for those fast sleds up in your part of Maine!
They both sound like they are crazy fast and FUN!!

I love fictional stories
Such good reads:beer:

Back