• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seriously thinking of quitting the sport

I love snowmobiling always have since I was a kid riding Mercury’s I don’t buy anything new no reason to have all new sleds and brand new trailers. Just as much fun on 10 year old sleds. Heck my Nytro has over 12,000 miles and runs flawless. My Old SXr has over 11,000 miles and I still take it out for a Rip. My trailer is an old Rance enclosed 27’ total length. 24’ to the v it works great. No reason to buy new all the time

I am extremely grateful for everything MrSled does in support of this site. Without the forums, I wouldn't have been able to complete the maintenance I have done, nor would I have found out about the great products I use from Barn of Parts, Ulmer, Muffinorks, WRP, etc.

I for one, finally did the VIP membership (way too late) and turned off my ad blocking for TY to better support the site. It would be interesting to know how much of his personal time and own $$ are spent maintaining TY.

Hours and Hours.. there are days I wonder why I am still doing it..seeing all the friends at the rides help a lot. I think of the site as my kids, some days it hates me and some days it misses me and wants me to help it along in life.

I work hard to make sure the advertisers are the ones making sales on the site and the VIPs get a great site to use. But those that are not VIP I wonder why? and when a NON VIP is promoting other suppliers it really burns my #*$&@.. its like taking the wind out of my sail and then when I ask them I get slammed to the core.. "money hungry or Forum Nazi".. those dont sit well with me. Most dont realize, I have a switch at my finger tip and this site could be off in an instant. Be happy its still kicking and try and work with me not against me.

I have been running through this thought for a few years now. The last few winters have really sucked at my house and it gets tougher and tougher to see my sled just sit there all year and not get used besides the couple short weekend trips I make. I do have hope every year that winter will just pound us with snow but thats usually a let down. My wife even mentioned to me the other week that I looked bored all the time and I told her its because I cant ride. There is nothing on the world that gives me the same feeling as being on a sled exploring the back woods. I get super jealous when I see people that get the ride every weekend but like I said I still have some hope that winter will come back some year. I have a huge passion for snowmobiling so I have made the call to move to the snow in the next few years or at least move closer to it. Its the only way I will be ale to ride.

Mr. sled, I do have to say you do a fantastic job at running this site. The site is by far the best snowmobile forum site on the web. Without this site I would have looked at my sled like I was looking at a space ship and no clue what I was doing. This has been the biggest help to me for many projects I have worked on and I'm also glad to have helped others out as well.

Without this forum I would be stuck with just the one Apex... :(

Don't push the button!!!! PLEASE!!!!

@MrSled , I, and I am sure many others, do appreciate your hard work and the site. I saved so much much money with the tips and info here that helped me so much. That's why I didn't hesitate to go Lifetime VIP way back. All the time and money I saved was well worth it. So you moochers out there, think of the money you saved, the info that allowed you to ride more and better, not having to bring your sled to the dealership, don't you think it's worth it? Can't afford $15 VIP? Really? I call BS because you can't afford a sled then. (Getting off my soapbox now)

Well, finally went on a ride today and I got a burnt starter in return. The relay stuck on and the starter motor just burned up. I was able to pull start it and get it back home. Luckily I kept a spare from a part out I had a few years ago and have another relay. I went and got an LED that I will wire to the relay so if this ever happens again, I will be able to save the starter.

So Tom (or shall we call you Kim Jong Un :D), please don't nuke the site. I had and still have my dark moments, including now with the starter. But because of the info on the site, I knew what the problem was and how to fix and prevent it from occurring again. Thank You.

@MrSled , I, and I am sure many others, do appreciate your hard work and the site. I saved so much much money with the tips and info here that helped me so much. That's why I didn't hesitate to go Lifetime VIP way back. All the time and money I saved was well worth it. So you moochers out there, think of the money you saved, the info that allowed you to ride more and better, not having to bring your sled to the dealership, don't you think it's worth it? Can't afford $15 VIP? Really? I call BS because you can't afford a sled then. (Getting off my soapbox now)

Well, finally went on a ride today and I got a burnt starter in return. The relay stuck on and the starter motor just burned up. I was able to pull start it and get it back home. Luckily I kept a spare from a part out I had a few years ago and have another relay. I went and got an LED that I will wire to the relay so if this ever happens again, I will be able to save the starter.

So Tom (or shall we call you Kim Jong Un :D), please don't nuke the site. I had and still have my dark moments, including now with the starter. But because of the info on the site, I knew what the problem was and how to fix and prevent it from occurring again. Thank You.

Thank you for the nice comments. Sorry to hear about your sled. Good luck with the repairs and as you know I am here for you if need be.

Thanks bro. All went well. And the LED I made up works quite well. The old starter was literally toasted. The + terminal melted right off.

Tomorrow will be a better day :cool:. But the forecast isn't looking good long term :(

I agree, this site has a ton of information, so those that need to repair or modify their sleds save a lot of money not taking them into the dealer. Because of this you become more knowable about your sleds.

Expensive sport? Yup. Short season? Yup. Gotta travel to find snow? Yup. Do my kids talk for weeks about the awesome time they had snowmobiling? Yup. Guess that's a wash.

Well I made the jump to VIP membership. Mooseman made a great point about affording the $15 and owning a sled.

Atta boy! You can also buy some swag too!

Back