• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Sidewinder Blown Belts

race24x

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.r-scomputer.com
So there are a lot of threads about blown belts, but I wanted one that is just stock sleds. I am leaving my sled stock but I want to know issues that I may have. Who is having some issues with their stock sleds blowing belts? I want to know the difference between someone with 250HP or some weird clutch kit and my stocker.

I think for the most part ZERO problems just read guys with over 2 thousand miles on original belt. We have 5 guys in my group Zero problems period! No loose turbo bolts, no loose clutch bolts. When a couple people have a problem and get on the internet everybody thinks it a big problem not the cas! Just look at Ben fromTD running 150 mph with stock belt and stocks clutches.

1700 miles when mine went. It was feeling funky rpms wise when she blew was time for a new. Mine didn't grenade just pull apart

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Just a tic under 500 miles with visible signs of bad coil bind. Lots of belt dust. belt is on borrowed time. Machining spring pocket tomorrow.

Far as I know, none of my customers have blown a belt. Not sure how many miles they have on with the winter we've been having.

P.S. super jealous of all of you that have over 1000 miles on your sleds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

919 miles completely stock. Grenaded it bad. 60 mph. Belt looked perfect to start the day. Belt was warmed up & not beat on prior to blowing. Enough guys have had this exact issue to say "something is askew". Just answering your post...

With just under 2500 miles I have only blown 1 belt on my stock Winder. That was at 1100 miles after running several back to back 1/2 mile drags.

But!!!!!!! No Joke and I know what your all going to think. I have a customer with 1500 miles on his Stock Winder and has blown 13 belts. 6 8jp's and 7 8dn's. Some at around 50 miles.
Yes Very hard to believe but true. This customer openly admits he rides the sled like he stole it 100% of the time. Hard braking sliding into corners hammering the throttle while braking and never waits till belts are broken in. He was just in the store today picking up 12 more spares and a belly pan. At least is honest and knows what breaks the belts. Yes clutches are all is spec and aligned.

I would not use this info as the norm, But if you guys ride your Winders like this you will break belts!!!!
THIS IS NOT A BELT OR UNIT ISSUE RATHER A RIDER ISSUE.

Last edited:
With just under 2500 miles I have only blown 1 belt on my stock Winder. That was at 1100 miles after running several back to back 1/2 mile drags.

But!!!!!!! No Joke and I know what your all going to think. I have a customer with 1500 miles on his Stock Winder and has blown 13 belts. 6 8jp's and 7 8dn's. Some at around 50 miles.
Yes Very hard to believe but true. This customer openly admits he rides the sled like he stole it 100% of the time. Hard braking sliding into corners hammering the throttle while braking and never waits till belts are broken in. He was just in the store today picking up 12 more spares and a belly pan. At least is honest and knows what breaks the belts. Yes clutches are all is spec and aligned.

I would not use this info as the norm, But if you guys ride your Winders like this you will break belts!!!!
I must have missed him when I was in today. Too bad I always wanted to meet someone who can blow that many belts. He is like a celebrity.

I must have missed him when I was in today. Too bad I always wanted to meet someone who can blow that many belts. He is like a celebrity.

My Buddy has stock BTX.... 900 miles he is on 3rd belt.

1029 Miles on the original belt. Clutches were warm but I could easily touch them. They look pretty clean and from what I could see, rollers look good. I was on a long straight, cruising 85-90 and it snapped. No mods to the sled excepting swapping the track to a pre-studded 1.22 Ice Attack XL.

I think for the most part ZERO problems just read guys with over 2 thousand miles on original belt. We have 5 guys in my group Zero problems period! No loose turbo bolts, no loose clutch bolts. When a couple people have a problem and get on the internet everybody thinks it a big problem not the cas! Just look at Ben fromTD running 150 mph with stock belt and stocks clutches.

This post is about stock sidewinders blowing belts.....please keep the post that way.

Ben is not stock, he is re-geared, flashed, clutched with exhaust. He is also not on the same original belt. He may be on an 8JP, but is not on the original belt from his posts.

2 bone stock Sidewinders 137 LE both obliterated belts at 500-600 miles , my machine is one of them and was cruising at 60mph when it, approx 200 miles after the 10hour service, clutch realignment, and new roller (one was flat). Next 8JP belt is running with cogs above secondary perimeter so will see if that helps. Clutches were warm when belt blew.

I spent no time in powder or racing, although I do hold it wide open whenever I can. I punished my '06 Mach Z worse and never saw a belt blow less than 1000 miles. Probably when compared to MachZ, due to the extra 15hp up top and torque down low,137 track, 80 lbs heavier sled, plus I'm now 40 lbs heavier, are all contributors.

Back