• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tune differences

Compared to 2.5. I quit running them after seeing this on multiple sleds

Compared to 2.5. I quit running them after seeing this on multiple sleds
Is this a estimate or are you comparing dynosheets?
I haven't seen any dyno sheets comparing mufflers yet, but would definitely like to view them!

TD claims 7hp extra going to 3" over 2.5", of course this will vary depending how crappy your 2.5" muffler is and how good your 3" is. In the case of TD he was referring to the 2.5 vs 3" superquiet which both use a magnaflow straigh through muffler. If you have a straight though 2.5" muffler with no chambers your gains will be minimal going to a 3". If your current 2.5" is chambered the gain to a 3" straight through will be more pronounced. In my case of 2.5" sq to 3" viney fab which are both straight through magnaflows I saw about a 75-100rpm change on 17.5-18psi tune.

Any idea how the new TD Super Mod Stock muffler compares?

Any idea how the new TD Super Mod Stock muffler compares?
Have no experience with that muffler but people seem to be happy with the noise/power balance. If I was a betting man I would say it comes in less powerful than the 2.5" superquiet but at a reduced noise level since it isnt straight through which is what alot of people are after.

So, I currently have the Hurricane SM270 tune. Does the PM270 make the same power but at lower boost pressure?

So, I currently have the Hurricane SM270 tune. Does the PM270 make the same power but at lower boost pressure?
No, boost pressures should be very close. Power will likely come on sooner and harder and if your trying to attain bigger speeds of 125+ i think the pm will help there. The header tune will make same power at lower boost pressure. I believe 270 header pm tune runs around 15psi vs the 17-17.5 of stock manifold.

The hurricane SM270 turns into the PM300 with a separate tune for PM. The SM Multi-map is 225-240-270. The PM Multi-map is 240-270-300.

No, boost pressures should be very close. Power will likely come on sooner and harder and if your trying to attain bigger speeds of 125+ i think the pm will help there. The header tune will make same power at lower boost pressure. I believe 270 header pm tune runs around 15psi vs the 17-17.5 of stock manifold.
Ok interesting. So can you just bolt on a PM or is the tune different between a 270sm and 270pm? Maybe different timing curves?

Ok interesting. So can you just bolt on a PM or is the tune different between a 270sm and 270pm? Maybe different timing curves?
That tune is different, different fueling requirements for sure and possibly some other tweaks that only the tuner would know.

I posted this in another thread, but here are the claims by muffler for TD:
1648823848509.png

Back